Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Feel bad that he has suffered such an injury, but it'll be a relief to not panic at every set piece now. Has no presence, glued to his line, fumbly and fragile.

Poor decision making too, with Preston playing so many balls over the top yesterday he didn't come out on at least two occasions where he could have and came rushing out when he shouldn't have, which we could have conceded from. Saved us two points against Swansea but has cost quite a few over the season which has no doubt contributed to the shambolic defending having this bloke behind them. He has made a few good stops but I can think of multiple goals conceded you'd expect any championship keeper to save.

Will be good to hopefully see us really tighten up once January rolls around and Kalinic is in goal.

38 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Feel bad that he has suffered such an injury, but it'll be a relief to not panic at every set piece now. Has no presence, glued to his line, fumbly and fragile.

Poor decision making too, with Preston playing so many balls over the top yesterday he didn't come out on at least two occasions where he could have and came rushing out when he shouldn't have, which we could have conceded from. Saved us two points against Swansea but has cost quite a few over the season which has no doubt contributed to the shambolic defending having this bloke behind them. He has made a few good stops but I can think of multiple goals conceded you'd expect any championship keeper to save.

Will be good to hopefully see us really tighten up once January rolls around and Kalinic is in goal.

To be fair we don't know how good Kalinic will be in commanding his area yet.

I am hopeful though, because that part of the game as a keeper is absolutely required in this league.

Am I the only one suspicious if this injury? It comes at the time the new number 1 comes to the club. Saves faces all round really. 

Number 1 keeper guaranteed for new guy

Dropped to number 2 and most likely shipped out asap but the claim will be he only lost his spot due to injury.

Synical ? 

If he is injured it's nasty but seems too coincidental to me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Am I the only one suspicious if this injury? It comes at the time the new number 1 comes to the club. Saves faces all round really. 

Number 1 keeper guaranteed for new guy

Dropped to number 2 and most likely shipped out asap but the claim will be he only lost his spot due to injury.

Synical ? 

If he is injured it's nasty but seems too coincidental to me.

nah it must be true. What if the new guy got injured? Or if we sell him in Jan surely every would know there’s no injury. 

Its a sad injury for the guy but yes the club will most likely spin it as lost his place to injury. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

nah it must be true. What if the new guy got injured? Or if we sell him in Jan surely every would know there’s no injury. 

Its a sad injury for the guy but yes the club will most likely spin it as lost his place to injury. 

Depends really, when he signed terms could have been he was number 1 but now won't be due to the new keeper.

He himself could have said he won't be a number 2 and wants out.

This way he doesn't lose face and once he is free of injury he can be sold which I expect is summer time.

All just hypothetical but my first instinct is it's too coincidental 

Training session injury the day after an away game ? Really ? 

Edited by brummybloke
Missed a bit out

Shot stopping is one thing but practicing coming for corners, distribution and defending required several players.

I really can't see anyone would have been training the day after an away game, the players look knackered as it is after 60 minutes, if anything, I could see them being forced to watch the game to see how easy it was to attack us, but that would be if there was a break for the next game.

I imaging they would be home late and then the day off today and back in for Monday morning.

Edited by brummybloke

13 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Are we really speculating that he is really injured?! 🤦🏼‍♂️

I know absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah let's just make up a story that he is injured for a year so we don't have to play him. Jesus wept 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Why??

Clangers  all over the ship, now he has had an awful injury and then he’s going to lose his place and presumably he will be shipped out when he’s sick of being number 2. Doubt he’d look back on all that fondly. 

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Clangers  all over the ship, now he has had an awful injury and then he’s going to lose his place and presumably he will be shipped out when he’s sick of being number 2. Doubt he’d look back on all that fondly. 

I’m sure he’ll be very well looked after by the club. We have history for looking after injured players, Micha Richards would confirm this I’m sure. Being injured on top of being replaced I’m sure won’t make him happy, but it’s hardly the fault of “this club”. 

Well it doesn't look like he's playing against QPR and Lovre can't play that game, it's not a good situation for us if this is the case.

Edited by Dave-R

Â