Joe Bryan

KJT123

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Honestly if I could choose any left back to come and join us, it would be this guy. Best let back in the Championship 

Totally agree. Staying back in the championship would be best for him.

• Haha 1

Middlesborough is a truly depressing place to visit, never mind having to live there, and it's stuck out on the arse end of nowhere!

Birmingham is a vibrant 'hub' city with a real feel good factor, and it's only a short dash down the M5 to Bryan's home city.

Steve Gibson Middlesborough chairman is worth less than £200 million. He's a decent bloke, doing a great job with limited resources.

Villa are newly super rich and should be on an upward journey in the next couple of seasons.

If Bryan has the choice which it appears he does, then we'll soon be saying "Welcome Joe".

Apart from being a very good LB, what excites me about this is what having a competent, attack minded LB could do for Adomah/Green infront of him. 

You would hope that support will free them up much more than having Taylor behind them. 

3 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Where do we have the cash for this bid from?

First time I'm worried my team's trying to buy a player I like ? **** ffp.

I’m beginning to wonder if the FFP pudding was s little over-egged by that twitter-happy crappy who used to “own” us.

Either that or we know we are going to get a ginormous fee for Jack. :(

Interesting news. 

I think we must have already come to an agreement with Spurs already to sell Grealish but we'll spend whatever proceeds we can before it's announced in order to keep transfer prices down.

We have an FFP hole in our budget that needs dealing with one way or another. I can't see it completely being down to accounting wizardry. 

Joe Bryan is a good player at this level and if true is a good sign of ambition.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

You think he'd join? Each to their own indeed

It wasn’t only a joke mate. You said if you could choose ANY left back

I knew what you meant really ;) 

• Haha 1

I like the idea of this signing but, what is it with Bruce and signing full backs? Bree, Elmo, Taylor, even Axel has been deployed at full back. We already had youngsters coming through as well as De Laet and Hutton. Bruce certainly likes full backs so hopefully, this time, he will have got one right. 

Just now, villarocker said:

I like the idea of this signing but, what is it with Bruce and signing full backs? Bree, Elmo, Taylor, even Axel has been deployed at full back. We already had youngsters coming through as well as De Laet and Hutton. Bruce certainly likes full backs so hopefully, this time, he will have got one right. 

Out of all those players you've just listed, only one is a natural left back, and he's shit!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Not if he has actually signed, but to my knowledge it is yet to be announced, no?

Think he means such a low profile transfer that probably no markets

47 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

You can request odds on anything with all the bookies, which I did and they refused to give me a price.

I’d be surprised if many bookies would have accepted a bet after it was annnounced we’d had a bid accepted. You certainly wouldn’t get odds worth betting on, even if it’s a 2 horse race.

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What did he say?

Just that he is a player we have identified, with a smile on his face. He also said that he didn’t think a fee had been agreed yet. 

It has gone a bit quiet now tho hasn’t it. Hoping for an update from avfctransfers on Twitter soon. 

• Like 1

Â