Joe Bryan

KJT123

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

We heard that about another J.B... Joe Bennett

hoping he's more of a Gareth Bale kind of guy

Jareth Bale?

Edited by osmark86

Just now, eholm said:

You'd like to think so.....i'm unsure as to what our current wage structure is now with FFP still a major factor... 

Me neither. But he's got to choose up north or a nice little sideways shuffle to Brum, VP over the riverside, Steve 165m Gibson or Edens/Sawiris multi-billionaire owners. One of these two clubs wins in every dept, but course I am biased!

7 minutes ago, eholm said:

it would only make sense if we had any bloody CBs!! ?

Hopefully they are on their way as well, I don't want to see Elphick playing CB too often if we can help it.

• Like 1

And as always since it's a Championship player I've never heard about him.

Might have seen him play against us? But if so I don't remember him.

Hope he's good if we do end up signing him.

42 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He's 24 years old. What's Bruce doing signing someone that age?

Don't worry, he'll give him the wage of a Premier League 29-year-old :P

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Nearly 250 senior appearances for someone relatively young, lots of experience and looks to rarely get injured.

Oh you've done it now. Out for 43 months after his debut. Nice one. ?

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whoever offers him more money he will sign for. Simple as that.

You think so? It wouldn't be my only consideration when deciding my next employer.

Maybe our dealings with Bristol (Kodjia and Baker) will put us in good stead, although maybe that won't influence the player too much.

He would be a fantastic signing for us, and I hope people who say hes "good competition for Taylor" or a "good backup for Hutton" are joking, because Joe was one of the two best LBs in the league last year with Barry Douglas, Taylor was nowhere near his level.

Defensively Hutton isnt worse than Bryan, but he isnt nearly the player Bryan is going forward. He would be a fantastic Left Wing Back but even if we play him as a left back in a 4-man defense, hed still be good as he played in a 4-4-2 system at Bristol most of the time, so he is used to it. The only thing that could be bad for him is if Bruce doesnt allow him to flourish going forward like Lee Johnsons did, cause Lee Johnson is clearly a more attacking minded coach than Bruce is.

But I still think this would be a great bargain signing for us for only 5 million pounds.

I really hope he chooses us, but Middlesbrough isnt in a worse position than us going into the season, but we are the bigger club of course.

Edited by Denis242
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

You think so? It wouldn't be my only consideration when deciding my next employer.

Maybe our dealings with Bristol (Kodjia and Baker) will put us in good stead, although maybe that won't influence the player too much.

Money talks these days unfortuantely and both sides are probably equally matched with similar managers

Â