• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Green (Adomah 67)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Kodjia 77)
    • Bjarnason (Grealish 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/18 at 13:00

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Elphick is poor full stop. An accident waiting to happen. 

He creates danger out of nothing time and again. He's like the guy in my 5 a side team I tell the keeper not to short pass to in front of goal because he panics and loses possession

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

He creates danger out of nothing time and again. He's like the guy in my 5 a side team I tell the keeper not to short pass to in front of goal because he panics and loses possession

Yep.

He's really casual in possession. Which 9 times out of 10 is fine. In fact it's good sometimes.

But that 1 time out of 10 is a clanger waiting to happen. And it is 1 in 10. You can almost guarantee he'll have one per game.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We can play a lot better than that. Hull are poor and we got the job done. Lots to improve on but job well done. 

I think we defo need a centre half and another creative midfielder. Maybe even a new striker. Keeper display was encouraging.

Happy for Elmo and Hutton. I wasn’t on Villa talk during the game but no doubt everyone was screaming for him to be subbed even though he was playing well. Goal deserved and motm goes to one of the above. Elmo nicked it for me.

i thought Grealish showed nice neat touches but strolled for most the game. Looked like he was more concerned about getting injured than getting stuck in. It’s a shame as he is the one genuine talent in our team. 

Looking at the fixtures coming up we’ve got a fantastic chance to build up a good lead. Crucial we do is because the run of games around Xmas looks scary. 

We do.

1 hour ago, Juju said:

Look.

End of last season was crushing.  The manager has had potentially weeks of speculation about his position. We have new co-owners who we know sod all about. We don't know what financial parameters we have to go into the season with. We had the fright with the Inland Revenue. Any "budgets" are bollox due to Fair Play Rules. Our last "sole" owner has gone into hiding, having bet the bank  on back and it landed red. Our best home grown talent  has had speculation all close season, as has anyone of worth.  We lost our keeper, and two of our wisest oldest heads in Terry and Snodgrass.  Our striker's barely kicked a ball in a year through terrible injury.

And first day of the season, we went away, we scored 3. We're second in the league.

If it wasn't pretty, remember, we're in the Championship.  I'll forgo a little "entertainment" at the moment for stability, and points.

Get out of here with your statements of fact, positive assertions and reason. This is VT - EVERYONE AT VILLA OUT!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villatillidie1980 said:

I have to say, I thought Hull passed it well at times, the lad Bowen in the middle is a decent player. 

Feared the worst after 9 minutes but thought Steer grew into the game and made a couple of great saves to keep us in it. 

Elphick, despite his goal, was poor.

Elmo and Hutton took their goals really well  

Kodja is miles off the pace at the moment  

Green and Hepburn-Murphy looked good coming off the bench. 

I thought Bruce managed the game well and hopefully we’ll get the right additions.

Jack was Jack. Like others have said, I really hope I was looking for something that wasn’t there, but his wave as he went off, just not sure you wave? Just clap as you get subbed normally as you go off don’t you? I don’t know, but it’s gonna be a stressful couple of days. 

UTV

Bruce bought him for 50k.....wish he could buy him again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Good to see the training at Bodymoor Heath has paid off..

_60798810_jex_1430711_de01-1.jpg

And Gabby back again (on the right) modelling his new clothing range.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Bruce bought him for 50k.....wish he could buy him again.

I'd have him in a heartbeat. I'm not sure who he reminds me of, a bit unorthodox and awkward, but clever and effective. He'll make a very good player. 

• Like 1

Overall i think we were average to poor against a very poor hull side.

A couple of moments of brilliamce from us got us goals, and a few good saves and some poor finishing at the otjer end kept us on top.  Could so easily have gone the other way.

We are going to need to be a lot better than we were tonight if we have aspirations of promotion.

Fingers crossed for some quality transfers (in and out) before the window closes as i fear we will need a lot more quality to push on.

• Like 1

Elphick has one of those faces where he frequently resembles a panicked deer who has been startled by a convoy of oncoming juggernauts - just like Phil Jones.  It doesn't inspire confidence.

Happy with the performance today overall, although Hull were largely dreadful.  Glad we played four at the back, and wasn't sure about Elmo on the right of the front three but definitely the right choice in hindsight!  Very very pleased for Hutton - I'm almost fully converted from despising the man several years ago to becoming a bone fide lover of the Scottish Cafu.

Kodjia disappointing, as was Adomah (although he had a few decent moments).

And please don't go, Jack!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

Very very pleased for Hutton - I'm almost fully converted from despising the man several years ago to becoming a bone fide lover of the Scottish Cafu.

I publicly stated the same thing in the Hutton thread.

What a start to this marvellous new era :D

Hutton scores, we riot! :D

Haven't seen all the game yet but at least we got the three points.

Pretty sure somebody said on here last season that Bowen is a Villa fan...

Alan Hutton has collected many yellow cards over the years, but surely that was his first ever for excessive goal celebration. ?

And what a celebration it was!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Hutton scores, we riot! :D

Haven't seen all the game yet but at least we got the three points.

Pretty sure somebody said on here last season that Bowen is a Villa fan...

I can almost imagine Hutton being our manager one day. You can see that he has a deep affection for the club. It's a wonderful sight.

• Like 2

Â