omariqy

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Will playoffs be on AVTV?

I hope so, otherwise not sure why I've been charged for the month.

It's on sky. So I think it won't be on AVTV. Pretty cheeky that they've charged you if that's the case!

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I wonder what they'll do next season for prem games, its been so useful being able to watch AVTV from my holiday homes in Luxembourg or Germany. 

Nothing, Teams are not allowed to show premier league games via their own means. Only option now is illegal streams or pay tv subscriptions in each country and depending on which country you are in you might only get a choice of 2/3 games picked for tv per weekend, same as in the uk. Either way the club get nothing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have asked this already, but will ask again.

Should AVTV still be charging me?

Season is over and we are now a Premier League Team.

Yet i've just again been charged for my monthly subscription?

I assumed this was only valid for the season.

Will AVTV even be broadcasting Premier League Games?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have asked this already, but will ask again.

Should AVTV still be charging me?

Season is over and we are now a Premier League Team.

Yet i've just again been charged for my monthly subscription?

I assumed this was only valid for the season.

Will AVTV even be broadcasting Premier League Games?

No they should not. You have to go in and manually turn off your monthly subscription.

Go under your account. Click Subscription and Billing. Then there should be an option to unsubscribe.

There is no reason to keep AVTV now. 

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

No they should not. You have to go in and manually turn off your monthly subscription.

Go under your account. Click Subscription and Billing. Then there should be an option to unsubscribe.

There is no reason to keep AVTV now. 

I just did, and i'm wondering if I should also request a refund.

I also ended my subscription, without the games it doesn't make mush sense, except giving money to Villa though which I like doing. I guess you get some extras like interviews and stuff with the subsription, but it isn't enough for me to keep it. Was wondering if they would show the pre season friendlies and if that would make it worth keeping, but last summers they have showed them for free so I'll just wait and see.

I'm a bit worried about not being able to see all games next season. 

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just did, and i'm wondering if I should also request a refund.

You can try, but I doubt you will get it. You had the chance to unsubscribe but didn't. AVTV are a little shady making you auto-subscribe, but the option was always there. 

• Thanks 1

Although it's less revenue for the club I'm delighted to not having to use the service. Its bloody terrible. Villa need to go back to the drawing board with it. It's pathetic and embarrassing service for a club of our size. 

• Like 1

I have been really pleased with the service and being able to watch all the games not shown on TV. I really haven't had that many issues with the service and the quality.

So if I was to go buy another holiday home in some other country - does anyone know which country has a premier league streaming service showing every game? Was New Zealand last time we were in the prem but I had to sell that lakeside chalet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So if I was to go buy another holiday home in some other country - does anyone know which country has a premier league streaming service showing every game? Was New Zealand last time we were in the prem but I had to sell that lakeside chalet 

Could purchase one in the USA and go with NBC (but you need 2 packages), or if you fancy Canada DAZN also now have the full premier league rights (all on one pack)

1 minute ago, avfc456 said:

Could purchase one in the USA and go with NBC (but you need 2 packages), or if you fancy Canada DAZN also now have the full premier league rights (all on one pack)

I quite like the Canadian wilds - thank you sir!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

£89 for the whole year for DAZN, and they stream every single game? Bargain! Shows you how badly we're being screwed in the UK.

It's a non primetime overseas event though so always likely to be cheaper. you can't charge a premiumfor something starting at 7am.. Boxing/UFC PPV events in the states are usually $60-100 yet they are free with subscription in the uk or £20 max on ppv

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

£89 for the whole year for DAZN, and they stream every single game? Bargain! Shows you how badly we're being screwed in the UK.

Why bother when you can get iptv for almost half of that for a year! 

Edited by Demitri_C

5 hours ago, avfc456 said:

Could purchase one in the USA and go with NBC (but you need 2 packages)

I believe Sling TV gets you NBC (and a bunch of other stuff) for $25 a month.