Weekends Fotball 3/6 August

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we don't get promoted this year with Bruce I would like us to try and do what Derby are doing. Will be painful at first but rewarding in the end if they stick with it. 

I honestly dont think our fans would have the patience though I would like us try something different

but I also believe Villa is not a club for a rookie, some experience is required

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

It must be horrible watching a front 3 of Aluko, Barrow and Bodvarsson every week. Especially the latter, he makes post Liverpool Heskey look like a goal threat.

At least when you cross to him like that he can't miss.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I honestly dont think our fans would have the patience though I would like us try something different

but I also believe Villa is not a club for a rookie, some experience is required

I tend to agree. I don't think they would either.

I'd like a manager to come out and say "look, we're trying something different to try and change the footballing philosophy at the club, chucking money at it hasn't worked so we need a new direction. It will be painful to begin with, but stick with us and we will get there" .... if they came out and said that from the get go I'd totally get behind it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd like a manager to come out and say "look, we're trying something different to try and change the footballing philosophy at the club, chucking money at it hasn't worked so we need a new direction. It will be painful to begin with, but stick with us and we will get there" .... if they came out and said that from the get go I'd totally get behind it. 

vibes from club at the time when Lambert was appointed it was like that and I think thats the only time a manager got too much time before fans got on his back

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

vibes from club at the time when Lambert was appointed it was like that and I think thats the only time a manager got too much time before fans got on his back

I thought Houllier was a better example of it. I wish I could have a sliding doors moment and look into an alternate reality where Houllier stayed on. I think we'd be in a much better position now.

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Our front 4, especially if Snodgrass comes back absolutely shits on most of these teams who we think will be fighting for promotion. Honestly, Derby's attacking players look like amateurs right now compared to Grealish.

Tom Lawrence is a good player (not just saying it due to the header). He impressed me at VP last season. Not sure if Vydra is leaving but he's a good enough forward at this level. Harry Wilson did well at Hull last season.

Derby's issues to me are at the back particularly with the new passing style. Reading are poor going forward and creating 3-4 really good chances.

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

When we getting there with Lambert??

I do agree with your general sentiment though.

Â