U23 Development League 2018/2019

BOF

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is Bedeau at lb? Thought he was a cb

He is a CB but he is playing at LB - he's doing very well there I think. Interesting in that Revan often plays LB with Bedeau at CB.

1-0 Reading, penalty after Revan was cuaght out by a long ball over the top and Sarkic made a mess of the challenge.

1-1 Bree at the far post with a header from a corner!

Great game this and a great effort from O'Hare.

He is one of the few players I have watched at U23 to treat the game as you would at senior level, his workrate and desire is brilliant to see. Can only be a matter of time before he gets minutes, through ability alone or through reward because his attitude to the game is first rate.

Also good to see Lansbury get a game, do we know why senior players were not getting games previously? Was it a Bruce mandate or an agreement not to hinder minutes of our U23 players??? I cannot understand what the reasons would be.

Weird first half. 3-3 is mental.

I don’t watch u23 very often but my bought from that first half:

OHare work rate is superb, has good ability in the ball as well, can see him getting first team football, Smith will like the way he presses and wins the ball high up the field.

Lansbury has been given the DLP role over Doyle Hayes (who is more advanced). It may be seen as an audition for the role in the first team. He’s not grasping it with both hands. Very underwhelming and not dictating play like he should at this level.

Bree, took his goals well (both headers) but is showing that he isn’t ready for the first team. Given any possession too easily, gets pulled out of position and beaten fairly easily. 

Blackett Taylor, quick and skilful but his final ball isnt great, although he did finish well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can't see any team news anywhere, but O'Hare has lead them out. Sarkic is there, I've seen Bedeau, it looks like the regular reserve line up.

BlackettTaylor is playing on the right, Cox up front with O'Hare and Lansbury in midfield!

45380278_10215411696778001_2781564629279

4-3 Reading. Bazeley-Graham deciding to try to dribble his way out, losing the ball and leaving a big hole. 

We could have scored twice in the opening four minutes of the half - a good save and a really poor first touch by Lansbury keeping us out.