U23 Development League 2018/2019

BOF

I've noticed in the last few years we never seem to play any senior players at all. I'm sure the rules allow 3 players over age? (well Charlie Adam is playing against us for Stoke tonight)

I wonder if thats the reason why players like Lansbury look so out of touch when given the odd game in the seniors, maybe if a couple of the fringe players got given a run out every now and again it would help them stay fit and sharp. For example, would tonight not have been a good time to give Hogan a run out as Bruce mentioned he was training again during the press conference today.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Great play by  O'Hare to win the penalty but absolutely puts it into orbit.

Losing 1-0. With quite a few on loan JDH and Callum probably need to join them, because it doesn't look to be a successful season with this young batch.

Considering we had only 4 players over 19 in the team, you may well be right.  Not sure why the League is an U23 league - do other teams still have 22 and 23 yr olds in their Academy teams ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

I've noticed in the last few years we never seem to play any senior players at all. I'm sure the rules allow 3 players over age? (well Charlie Adam is playing against us for Stoke tonight)

I wonder if thats the reason why players like Lansbury look so out of touch when given the odd game in the seniors, maybe if a couple of the fringe players got given a run out every now and again it would help them stay fit and sharp. For example, would tonight not have been a good time to give Hogan a run out as Bruce mentioned he was training again during the press conference today.

Adam ran the game from start to finish, best player on the pitch, no-one really stood out for us

• Like 2

Stats updated.  A bad 3-0 defeat on Friday to Stoke dropping us to 4th,  At least table-topping Wolves also lost.  Southampton go top after winning 1-0 away at Newcastle.

RHM & CBT make their first appearances this season for the U23 side.

Next up is top of the table Southampton at their Staplewood training ground this Friday at 7pm.

Stats updated, and 2 new names on this season's roster.  17 year old Northern Irish defender, Ethan Patterson makes his first bench appearance of the day alongside a new name, 16 year old Finnish goalkeeper, Viljami Sinisalo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How did RHM do?  He has started the last 2 games and hasn't scored.  That's a little concerning on the face of it.  You'd hope he'd be above this level by now and knocking them in for fun, but he isn't.  He needs to go on loan and play proper football regularly I think.