U23 Development League 2018/2019

BOF

Draw for the BSC semi-final - Leamington. They beat WBA this week (probably helped by the FA Cup replay last night where some U23s played instead of in the BSC). No date set as yet.

Will be a hard game, but would love them to get to the final.

Another non-league ground out in the sticks, would like to go but will be difficult to get there by public transport.

https://twitter.com/BirminghamFA/status/1093177545640562688

• Thanks 1

I commented that Villa had been away in all rounds, and someone responded saying that they think PL/FL clubs are always away in the BSC so as to help the finances of the non-league clubs, and the PL/FL clubs probably can't be doing with hosting the rounds anyway.

That's right BOF, all our games would be away. In the past when we've drawn the original game, we've played the replay away aswell.

The last BSC at VP games were the WBA semi in 96 (won 3-1) and the 95 final (lost 0-2 the Solihull Boro).

I'd like to think if we go through to the final (a tough ask as Leamington are one league below the National League!), we'd try to host it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

Draw for the BSC semi-final - Leamington. They beat WBA this week (probably helped by the FA Cup replay last night where some U23s played instead of in the BSC). No date set as yet.

Will be a hard game, but would love them to get to the final.

Another non-league ground out in the sticks, would like to go but will be difficult to get there by public transport.

https://twitter.com/BirminghamFA/status/1093177545640562688

You ain't kidding !!! - Its practically in Oxfordshire

• Haha 1

I might as well pop in on Monday, its within walking distance for me:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/02/07/u23-venue-update

The venue for our home U23s Premier League Cup clash with Derby County on Monday has been switched.

The game was originally due to be played at Walsall’s Banks’s Stadium.

However, the match with the Rams will now take place at The Grove, home of Halesowen Town.

It kicks off at 7pm.

An enjoyable game to watch last night, not a lot between the sides.

Exciting final 10 minutes, both teams could have scored 2 or 3 more. Siniaslo saved well when it looked all over after some poor play at the back. We had a few goalmouth scrambles, Derby getting some good blocks in.

For us, Clarke looked quite good again. Neat and tidy, unlucky with a free-kick that was well saved.

Knibbs had a good game (note the strapping on the back of his leg). Rowe looked good second half.

I do like the look of Vassilev.

Also, Brunt looked good when he came on.

Team: Siniaslo, Walker (Burton), Rowe, Bazeley-Graham, Raven, Prosser, Knibbs, Vassilev (Brunt), Mooney, Clarke, Archer (Wright). Unused Subs: Lomax, Patterson. Att 325

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2