U23 Development League 2018/2019

BOF

27 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Good game last night, despite the snow. Quite a few heavy touches and misplaced passes from both sides which is to be expected on such conditions. We needed an orange/yellow ball.

Corey Taylor was slightly hesitant first half, had a great second half with lots of space to run into as the game opened up. Was our danger man – MOTM.

Nice to see one winger shoot and the other popping in the rebound.

The goalie didn’t have much to do, was a bit unlucky to give away a pen, might have been better to stay on his feet in hindsight.

Both full-backs looked comfortable on the ball.

Midfield worked hard, good energy and a few good touches from JDH & Clarke. Prosser holding, got booked for tackle from behind.

Mooney had a hard time but did ok. Looked like he up against some experienced lads at the back.

Knibbs looked good when he came on.

Despite some brave blocks first half, the CB’s got court out for the equaliser. Both going for same ball, the forward picked up the pieces and scored with a good finish.

I thought it brave to play out from the back in the snow, but generally the youngsters did well.

Overall, a well-deserved win. Should have been 3 or 4 up before Hednesford scored.

O’Kelly was in attendance, in the warmth I might add.

Delaney (wearing shorts by the way) was funny in giving the ref some stick.

Us and Nuneaton into the semis. Leamington/WBA and Stourbridge/Halesowen are the others left. Their games are in Feb. No idea when the draw is.

Thanks for that.  Must be tough being an unused sub in this weather.

• Haha 3

Just to clear up the team last night as both teams website reports are different:

Sinisalo, Walker, McConnachie, Bazeley-Graham, Patterson, Prosser, Taylor, Doyle-Hayes, Mooney (Knibbs), Clarke (Guy), Cox (Pressley). Unused Sub:, Ige. No GK on bench.

2 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Just to clear up the team last night as both teams website reports are different:

Sinisalo, Walker, McConnachie, Bazeley-Graham, Patterson, Prosser, Taylor, Doyle-Hayes, Mooney (Knibbs), Clarke (Guy), Cox (Pressley). Unused Sub:, Ige. No GK on bench.

Thanks.  So Pressley came on.  Our OS didn't have that.  They really are desperately lazy when it comes to anything other than the first team.  They're probably lazy there too.  I just don't use the OS for our first team info.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Thanks.  So Pressley came on.  Our OS didn't have that.  They really are desperately lazy when it comes to anything other than the first team.  They're probably lazy there too.  I just don't use the OS for our first team info.

Yep, Pressley came on with only a few minutes left.

I'm still trying to figure out the Bristol City game last week. The Bristol City twitter stated 2 subs, but photos from the game show that Cox must have come on at some point aswell. OS is indeed rubbish and has been for some time now.

1 minute ago, Unused Sub said:

Yep, Pressley came on with only a few minutes left.

I'm still trying to figure out the Bristol City game last week. The Bristol City twitter stated 2 subs, but photos from the game show that Cox must have come on at some point aswell. OS is indeed rubbish and has been for some time now.

Yeah I only have Revan & Tait coming on in that game 😕

1 minute ago, Unused Sub said:

With us already through to the next round of the PL cup, I fear we'll get nothing at all for the last group games.

I usually rely on the opposition feed anyway.  One of the advantages of being a big side is that we're a proper event for the opposition, so they cover us quite well.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:00, AVTuco said:

How'd Sinisalo do?

Didn't have much to do really on Tuesday, as we were on top for a lot of the game. Not many shots to save. Overall, looked quite comfortable.

He did give a pen away with a one-on-one. The forward was running slightly away from goal, which saved him from getting sent off. Went the right way for the pen but it was well hit into the corner.

Didn't have much of a chance with the second, again well hit into the corner of the goal.

In possession, anyways looked to pass the ball on the back four. Shanked one clearance into the crowd, one back pass was half charged down/deflected.

Generally with the ball in hand, always looking to offload quickly. Goal kicks were mostly short to the CBs/DCM.

Hednesford had a long throw, Sinisalo I think stayed on his line for most of them.

That's about as much I can remember!

• Thanks 3