U23 Development League 2018/2019

BOF

3 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Happy to assist. Agree re Jake. 

I reckon Corey Taylor and Harry McKirdy will be let go at season end. Shame - especially McKirdy. Both 21 - and yet to make a squad

Seems Pastorek plays for FK Železiarne Podbrezová.  Easy for YOU to say!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably won't see him again then. 

It's certainly looking that way, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did see him again elsewhere in the Championship.  I've got a bit of a Daniel Johnson feeling about this fella.  Clearly too good for our u23s and yet just not getting the rub of the green elsewhere ... yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's certainly looking that way, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did see him again elsewhere in the Championship.  I've got a bit of a Daniel Johnson feeling about this fella.  Clearly too good for our u23s and yet just not getting the rub of the green elsewhere ... yet.

Yeah, I've been surprised that he never got more game time here. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who plays CM for us? Surely we have someone who is full of running? They need to be given a chance in the first team as we need more energy in there. 

For the u23s? Usually Jack Clarke and Jake Doyle-Hayes, we never dip them in though, I don’t know why that is, unless they’re outstanding like Grealish

• Like 1

Stats updated after the Norwich defeat.  Michael Tait was an unused sub and this was his first time in a matchday squad this season, and we also have a brand new name coming in to the fold.  Seventeen year old Hungarian goalkeeper, Ákos Ónodi, was drafted up from the under 18s as sub keeper with Sinisalo training with the first team.  Ónodi was an unused sub as Sam Lomax finally made his first start of the season.

• Thanks 1

Well he's playing great in the YC right now - 2 goals for him from midfield - plus 1 from Odutayo -🍺3-0 st HT 

As usual, Villa playing some lovely stuff- absolutely a joy to watch 

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Like 1