U23 Development League 2018/2019

BOF

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

5-4 Reading in added time. Danced through our centre halves, rounded the keeper and put it into an empty net.

Disappointing in the end - we looked good at times but we were very poor at the back.

The Villa Engine?! ?

• Haha 1

RHM came off the bench, looked bright and scored a cracker. His touch, his skill on the ball to go past people, he was a class above in his short spell.

I have said it once, I will say it again, he should not be playing at this level now. He is learning nothing at this point.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

RHM came off the bench, looked bright and scored a cracker. His touch, his skill on the ball to go past people, he was a class above in his short spell.

I have said it once, I will say it again, he should not be playing at this level now. He is learning nothing at this point.

Agreed, perhaps a loan could be a solution?

Clarke looks fast on the ball he does..

RHM made some good passes and had some good attempts on goal, very good player.

Brie, good up and coming scorer.

Sarkic, if only he had of dropped for the ball, he mite of stopped that last goal to take reading ahead to win at the end, it happens.

Plenty of goals though from both sides, we certainly have potential.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

watching Sarkic, he's not rdy for the first team yet 4 sure.

Bree seemed hit and miss.

conceding 5 goals when we had Bree (a lot of ppl want him to get a chance in the 1st team), Bedeau (supposed future first team?), as well as Lansbury (well paid U23 player :P), amongst others, little bit strange.

Blackett Taylor looks pretty speedy/decent, hasnt quite got the composure maybe yet.

Is O'Hare actually as slow as he looked in the Reading match?, was like a snail??

Reading stats updated.  We go from the youngest starting 11 of the season to the oldest in 1 week.  With the addition of Henri Lansbury, the average starting age against Reading was 20.69.

• Like 1

Thursday's Premier League Cup tie will be tricky.  Derby are second in PL2 division 1.  Despite that, they don't seem to score many.  Only 14 goals scored in 10 games and their top scorers have 2 each (Bird & Sibley).

• Like 1

On 01/11/2018 at 04:44, Unused Sub said:

Harrison Sheriff Sohna birth was registered at Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England in 2002

If he puts one well over the bar - does he get a shout from the bench ?

"High shot there, Sheriff"

Sorry

Hopefully the coverage is by people better than the headline writer on the Derby site - he's already had two goes at describing us as "reigning champions" - we've had raining and reining - I'm hopeful he'll have a third go before kick off.

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And if you needed a reason to sign on for this - tonight's commentator is only the inimitable Jack Woodward!

I really look forward to you're posts on here. You are very dedicated and knowledgable on the under 23s.  Just wish I could get to some of the games.  I used to love watching the reserves back in the day when the old 'Central League' was going.  Do you think that Bedau will get a chance under Smith this season?  Or is it too soon for him?

14 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Do you think that Bedau will get a chance under Smith this season?  Or is it too soon for him?

Thank you. For Bedeau, I would have said it's too soon, but he's physically developed a lot this season and he's starting to look the part. It'll be interesting to see what happens if we get an easy 3rd round FA Cup draw for example.

• Like 2