U23 Development League 2018/2019

BOF

2 hours ago, BOF said:

How did RHM do?  He has started the last 2 games and hasn't scored.  That's a little concerning on the face of it.  You'd hope he'd be above this level by now and knocking them in for fun, but he isn't.  He needs to go on loan and play proper football regularly I think.

Agreed BOF but I don’t think he’s above that level yet, he should dominate, I think he’s good enough but when I’ve seen him he hasn’t for whatever reason. Bruce has said numerous times that he’d get a chance in our first team, I hope he does, I think he’s good enough 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed BOF but I don’t think he’s above that level yet, he should dominate, I think he’s good enough but when I’ve seen him he hasn’t for whatever reason. Bruce has said numerous times that he’d get a chance in our first team, I hope he does, I think he’s good enough 

I'll also give RHM the benefit of the doubt that being put back into the reserves having seemingly outgrown them can be demotivating, and that could affect him too.  Although in that case you'd hope he'd want to prove a point.

• Like 1

Oi oi !!  The PL Cup fixtures are up

PL CUP FIXTURES/RESULTS    
05/10/2018 Villa Park @ 19:00 Aston Villa   Bristol City
08/11/2018 Loughborough Uni @ 19:00 Derby County   Aston Villa
30/11/2018 Villa Park @ 19:00 Aston Villa   Plymouth Argyle
18/01/2019 TBC @ 19:00 Bristol City   Aston Villa
11/02/2019 Bescot Stadium @ 19:00 Aston Villa   Derby County
25/02/2019 Home Park @ 19:00 Plymouth Argyle   Aston Villa
  • Like 1

Our u23s beat Sunderland U23s 1-0, I only saw the second half so don’t know who scored. The players that stood out to me were Bedeau at centre back as he always does and Walker at right back who again is always solid and dependable, plays like he’s 30 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Our u23s beat Sunderland U23s 1-0, I only saw the second half so don’t know who scored. The players that stood out to me were Bedeau at centre back as he always does and Walker at right back who again is always solid and dependable, plays like he’s 30 

Pretty sure it was Harvey Knibbs.

• Thanks 1

It was Harvey. The full match is available through the Villa site.

They appeared to be a class above them. Should have had more - the passing and movement was good.- at times very good. Jake excellent.

Makes me think Mark Delaney is the best coach at the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Makes me think Mark Delaney is the best coach at the club.

And probably still the best right back. 

• Like 1

The lads now have break from the league. League cup game on Friday, then the return to the BSC at Coleshill on Monday.

I would have fancied BSC game, but its asking too much to get their after work using public transport. Hopefully we can get through and get a better draw!

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Winning 1-0, I didn’t see the goal as I was having tea

hate to tell you, sgc - but it was possibly the best of the 3  :). Just drag the slider back to about 11;30 game time and watch

• Haha 1