FIFA 19

Dante_Lockhart

I've stopped buying FIFA because of FUT. Everything else feels like such an afterthought.

I hate games that are pay to win, and I hate any system where you pay money for random items with the quality of those items being down to luck. It's effectively gambling and I have no idea how it's legal to market to children.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Personally I think they should make FUT a free to play game and then have a team actually focusing on everything else that surrounds FIFA. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the whole game being neglected whilst FUT gets developed on loads.

I tried to play FUT this year, first 3 games I had was against people with 5 star teams, 100 chemistry and loads of amazing players. I'm playing with bronze/silver players and the occasional gold. I refuse to put money into it, so the whole gamemode for me is shit and I really cba. 

People must spend an actual fortune on it. 

Play the single player leagues for a couple of seasons to build up your squad, also squad battles are worth playing as the rewards can help to build your team. I now have a decent team built from La Liga players all 80+ rated (although I am yet to get a top quality player in there), I have 22,000 in the bank and have been playing FUT Draft in the hope I pick up someone decent with the rewards (I also enjoy playing Draft). I haven't spent a penny of my own money on it and never will.

As with every season I won't play an online game until I think my team is strong enough to compete. Like you said though you normally always end up playing someone with Messi and Ronaldo up front and consistenly lose games.

So I got to the premier league, and my team is just stupidly good. The players I have would probably have us competing for the title in real life. 

-----------------------------Areola  83 ---------------------------------------

-Axel 77----Kamara 83 --Vertonghen 91 --Chillwell 83 --

----------------McTominay 77 ---- Koke 85--------------------------

---Brahimi 85 -------Grealish 84---------- Martial 87-------------

-----------------------------Abraham 83-------------------------------------

I can't bring myself to replace Kodjia. He is on the bench, but I feel bad. He is actually quite good at LW. He was the championship's top scorer with 33 goals from LW. Martial is just way too high rated though. 

We will see how far I go with this. I feel like I ruined the realism with pre-contracts, but I couldn't help myself. 

• Like 1

So got around to playing PES 19 and it's simply in another galaxy, better than FIFA in every single imaginable way as far as gameplay is concerned, shame about the sucky experience outside of that. But honestly, FIFA 19's game play is almost identical to FIFA 18, they don't do enough to justify an annual release.

On 14/10/2018 at 12:56, Dr_Pangloss said:

So got around to playing PES 19 and it's simply in another galaxy, better than FIFA in every single imaginable way as far as gameplay is concerned, shame about the sucky experience outside of that. But honestly, FIFA 19's game play is almost identical to FIFA 18, they don't do enough to justify an annual release.

You wanna get urself on pro evo network.. endless pes fun

On 09/10/2018 at 12:30, wilko154 said:

Play the single player leagues for a couple of seasons to build up your squad, also squad battles are worth playing as the rewards can help to build your team. I now have a decent team built from La Liga players all 80+ rated (although I am yet to get a top quality player in there), I have 22,000 in the bank and have been playing FUT Draft in the hope I pick up someone decent with the rewards (I also enjoy playing Draft). I haven't spent a penny of my own money on it and never will.

As with every season I won't play an online game until I think my team is strong enough to compete. Like you said though you normally always end up playing someone with Messi and Ronaldo up front and consistenly lose games.

Yeah good advice but I really can't be bothered to play single player at all on FIFA. This whole game is even more pay to win than all other FIFA's. I really wish people would complain about it in the same way they complained about Star Wars Battlefront. I really don't understand why it's so accepted in FIFA. EA are taking the absolute piss with this game. 

I honestly wish I could stop playing/buying it. If only there was another decent football game out there on the market. There's got to be enough money to be made for a company to do it. 

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah good advice but I really can't be bothered to play single player at all on FIFA. This whole game is even more pay to win than all other FIFA's. I really wish people would complain about it in the same way they complained about Star Wars Battlefront. I really don't understand why it's so accepted in FIFA. EA are taking the absolute piss with this game. 

I honestly wish I could stop playing/buying it. If only there was another decent football game out there on the market. There's got to be enough money to be made for a company to do it. 

It's accepted in FIFA because they started doing it close to a decade ago when people thought it would be a passing trend. Now some 8+ years later FUT is seen as an integral mode of the game and no one bats an eye. 

The issue with a competitor is EA owns every football licence worth owning. Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 sold 910,000 copies worldwide. FIFA 18 sold 24 million copies worldwide. There is no money in being a competitor to the FIFA games. 

16 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's accepted in FIFA because they started doing it close to a decade ago when people thought it would be a passing trend. Now some 8+ years later FUT is seen as an integral mode of the game and no one bats an eye. 

The issue with a competitor is EA owns every football licence worth owning. Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 sold 910,000 copies worldwide. FIFA 18 sold 24 million copies worldwide. There is no money in being a competitor to the FIFA games. 

PES is shit though. Truly truly shit. Everything about it absolutely shocking other than the actual gameplay.

I really don't think it would be too difficult for a game developer to look at what's good in PES, and what's good in FIFA, and make a very good game out of it. I genuinely think an indie studio could make a very good football game aimed at people who actually watch football, rather than those who want to spam skills and score 60 bicycle kicks every game with Neymar which is how FIFA has gone.

The licensing however is an issue, I don't know how it all works but surely by allowing FIFA to be the only company with the licenses then they are monopolising the market? 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

PES is shit though. Truly truly shit. Everything about it absolutely shocking other than the actual gameplay.

I really don't think it would be too difficult for a game developer to look at what's good in PES, and what's good in FIFA, and make a very good game out of it. I genuinely think an indie studio could make a very good football game aimed at people who actually watch football, rather than those who want to spam skills and score 60 bicycle kicks every game with Neymar which is how FIFA has gone.

The licensing however is an issue, I don't know how it all works but surely by allowing FIFA to be the only company with the licenses then they are monopolising the market? 

I think PES started out as the indie game to rival FIFA, and although at one point the gameplay was better it never became the number one football game due to the licensing issues.

PES went to shit at the dawn of the ps3/360 gen and has simply never recovered. PES 6 on ps2 was the last great pro evo. 

Is Seabass still involved with it? If so maybe it’s time for him to retire or if not then maybe it’s rime to get him back. Either way, PES needs new blood at the reigns imo. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

It's all down to money. A new competitor in the space would have to spend a fortune to even get close to where FIFA is.

FIFA's popularity is a two fold thing. Firstly it's a casual game for casual gamers which EA understand hence why it's a skill spam game. Secondly the licences - no one wants to buy a game where their favourite team is some copyright free approximation.

If a FIFA competitor arrived that was both more authentic, or realistic I don't see it doing well. FIFA sells 24 million copies every year because anyone can pick it up, play it and feel amazing at the same time. 

As for licences there is likely a loophole. There has to be a reason why EA allows Konami to keep a handful of licences at any one time. I think that as long as EA doesn't hold every licence in world football then no rules are being breached. 

Â