FIFA 19

Dante_Lockhart

8 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Three from six is more than decent. I've probably played my way through thirty or so across this year and last and I'd consider three from six as a fine start.

It's a slog, but once in a blue moon you grab a card like that Hazard as a result and it makes it worthwhile. If you can get to 14 wins, you get told Gold 3 and you're likely to get something decent(ish). Get 11 and you'll auto-qualify for another one.

The next card you're going to see a lot of is the new Ibrahimovic. Basically Tevez but a foot taller and stronger. Did the SBC tonight - between him, Keane and Pogba I've got three brand new players to figure out later.

I’ve noticed the standard in Weekend League seems to be higher than Division Rivals, but that might be because I got promoted a division yesterday and now gone straight into WL. 

Yeah the rewards for a good amount of wins are great, I avoided WL as I didn’t realise that you still get points for Division Rivals when playing WL. I’ll be having a little bash in the morning again! 

Youll have to let me know how you get on with the new trio!

It's the worst FIFA in years. It's a truly terrible game and it's a shame it's so accepted by the FIFA community. There's so much BS. 

The AI does so much for you in this game. I've put crosses into the box and the AI scores without me pressing a button. I've had defenders jump in the way of shots and block things without me remotely controlling them. The skill gap in this game is utterly pathetic.

I wish FIFA had a good rival.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

What's your approach to SBC?

Seems like you need shitloads of coins to even have a chance of finishing one of them. Do you just hope to draw some valuable cards from the packs you get a long the way?

I did the French league 1 challenge for Depay. Ended up spending about 350k. 

I'd like to do some of the icon ones. But the price of a average rated 85-86-87squads pheew. Expensive. 

As for the weekend league I end up about gold 2.   Currently in Division 4. Which is quite bad considering I used to be Div 1 back in the days. I'm getting worse for each year.

I'm Gradually getting more and more convinced that my wins and losses are more down the a RNG before/during the game then the skill of either of us.   

There's games  I'll have 15 shots on target 5 in the post. A few misses on "open"goal/tap ins. I just can't score on what I see as clear cut chances. 

While in other matches I score for fun. Even from some really ridiculous angels/distances. 

There are matches I win/draw when it's clear I'm playing poorly or that my opponent is way better then me. 

It just feels so unfair at times. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. It's as if, you're not competing on even terms. Which tends to get the better of me(No broken controller so far).

4 hours ago, Skruff said:

What's your approach to SBC?

Seems like you need shitloads of coins to even have a chance of finishing one of them. Do you just hope to draw some valuable cards from the packs you get a long the way?

I did the French league 1 challenge for Depay. Ended up spending about 350k. 

I'd like to do some of the icon ones. But the price of a average rated 85-86-87squads pheew. Expensive. 

Basically trading for coins then prepping early. I've not done any of the League ones yet this year, but have pretty much all the Premier League and La Liga clubs prepped.

So right now you can probably do 15 PL and 17 Liga teams for 6k each. And even if you don't pack anything great, you'll break even at worst case scenario. Last year, I got Messi out the Fulham SBC.

Last year was easy - I packed Ronaldo from Silver 2 weekend league rewards in October, sold him for 2m and had all the money I needed to invest and re-invest. 

This year was harder, but once you get a starting packet it's easy to grow it quickly. Iniesta was the key. He was 8k for the first six weeks, but as soon as a popular SBC arrived (it was the Hazard player of the month I think) he went up to 30k, so I made sure all my early coins were tied up in him rather than on players to use. I had around thirty to sell, so a profit of half a million or so to reinvest.

Now I'm just spending all my money on 84 rated in-forms. Because they are only in packs for a week, there's a limited supply so the price always goes up. 

These new SBCs have accentuated the profit - normally takes a couple of weeks, but my last two, 84 Grimaldo went from 17k to 30k (I had forty) inside ten days and 84 Ryan Fraser went from 17k to 25k in 24 hours because of the Van Dijk SBC (I had thirty)

Then anything spare, buy high rated players that aren't used much in-game when there is no SBC demand. So at the lower end Ribery goes for between 7k and 16k so buy a load when he's 7k. At the higher end, Hummels and Silva fluctuate between 40k and 80k. So buy at 40k and leave them until they are 80k. Rinse and repeat.

And yes, the game feels pretty ropey at the moment. But I really enjoy the stock market part!

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did the Casillas SBC last night, it cost me about 70k in coins, which is more than most have done it for, but I was probably late to the party. 

70k for a 91 rated keeper on a par with De Gea seems pretty decent to me. 

That was my first proper venture into SBC and enjoyed it and found it much more rewarding than buying packs. It’s something I’ll be looking at doing more of going forward. 

I’ve not played a game with him yet, but he slots in nicely with 10 chemistry to my team. 

It's also a decent investment. Cheapest 91 rated player to buy is 80k. 

So if a future SBC pops up that takes your fancy more than Casillas, you go back to a 15k keeper and you have a 91 rated player to push your rating up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

It's also a decent investment. Cheapest 91 rated player to buy is 80k. 

So if a future SBC pops up that takes your fancy more than Casillas, you go back to a 15k keeper and you have a 91 rated player to push your rating up.

Won 3 from 5 this morning on WL. So that’s 6 wins so far. Going well. Casillas is great. Although sometimes if the game wants you to concede, you concede!! 😤

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Won 3 from 5 this morning on WL. So that’s 6 wins so far. Going well. Casillas is great. Although sometimes if the game wants you to concede, you concede!! 😤

I'm having a nightmare this WL. I've ditched the Pogba plan and am going back to Mertens / Dybala. 

Might also give 4-1-4-1 a try and see if that helps. But I'm also having boozy lunch with the in-laws, so that's never conducive to playing well. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Haha 1

Jeez........FIFA back in my day (1995/6)was just about playing the match & little else. Admittedly, the chunky sprites are not a patch on the detail you get with players these days but all this "career mode", "SBC", "training" options etc......is way above my head and has put me off ever buying it again - far too complicated now🙄

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People talking about 'coins' and SBC really shows the plight of football games. 

Not really. It's like saying that the existence of Panini stickers diminishes the World Cup.

The actual football bit is still there if that's all that interests you.

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Jeez........FIFA back in my day (1995/6)was just about playing the match & little else. Admittedly, the chunky sprites are not a patch on the detail you get with players these days but all this "career mode", "SBC", "training" options etc......is way above my head and has put me off ever buying it again - far too complicated now🙄

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People talking about 'coins' and SBC really shows the plight of football games. 

Ultimate Team is just one part of the game. You can just pick and play for a classic match if you wanted. It’s just our choice to focus our time and effort on Ultimate Team. 

It keeps the game interesting with different objectives and challenges. You don’t have to participate in the Squad Building Challenges or coins, there’s plenty more in the game to do. 

Admittedly the game play is flawed, but if you can accept that and enjoy it for what it is then it’s a good game still. 

• Like 1

The problem with FIFA is that they ONLY improve UT. Everything else in the game is pretty much left to rot and it's **** annoying. Pro Clubs, Seasons and Career mode have barely been touched for about 4 or 5 years now.  The only upgrade to career mode was that they added the official Champions League license. UT gets updated all the time to try and squeeze as much money out of people as possible and it's a shame it's so successful. 

Personally I hate UT. Playing with 5 star teams has never appealed to me yet you're absolutely forced to in UT due to everyone else playing with Ronaldo etc. 

The game is shit and needs a serious competitor. 

Edited by PieFacE

UT is garbage to the point where it's pathetic and it's absolutely true that they've prioritised it over everything else to the point where everything else, including one of the most crucial things, the in-game gameplay, has suffered.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Yep, that's been my opinion of FIFA for ages. The main focus is on UT as that's where they make all the money from people spending actual hundreds of pounds on packs and all that shit.

The actual gameplay has been left behind.

Unfortunately PES is the complete opposite direction. Gameplay has been fine (I haven't played the latest couple so it may have gone downhill) but everything else about it is awful.

If they could get their shit together then FIFA might have a decent competitor. As it is they're just churning out an average game every year because they know people will buy it.

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

FIFA 15 was the last one I bought.

FIFA 13 was the absolute pinnacle of the series.

Perfect between arcade and nicely paced gameplay. As in, totti, pirlo and places in the game.

Was 13 the one with the awesome freekick gameplay where you could move the crosshairs on the ball to get epic curl and spin on the ball? Scored some absolute screamers from 35 yards out with that.

Â