FIFA 19

Dante_Lockhart

Davies and Steffan are good MLS options with high growth rates for career mode.

If you can keep a hold of Abraham and Tuanzebe after the first year, they become good options too. Tuanzebe is actually a perfect utility player even 3-4 years in. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

FIFA sounds like a hot mess and PES well, for me at least gets boring after two months because of the limitations of the Master League. Might just sit this year out personally!

Might just stick to Fifa 18 and carry on playing Pes 2 on my PS1 emulator. Just signed Ronaldo for my master league team. Cost me 50 points!

• Like 1

I somehow got Ben Chillwell from Leicester for 3 million + Taylor.

Playing career mode has really shown me how much of a mess our squad is. I want to somehow play Abraham, Kodjia, Grealish, Bolasie, Adomah, El Ghazi, Hourihane, and McGinn in one team. Meanwhile any time I have a midweek match, my defense is begging me for a break, but my back up option is Bree and Richards and that's it....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I somehow got Ben Chillwell from Leicester for 3 million + Taylor.

Playing career mode has really shown me how much of a mess our squad is. I want to somehow play Abraham, Kodjia, Grealish, Bolasie, Adomah, El Ghazi, Hourihane, and McGinn in one team. Meanwhile any time I have a midweek match, my defense is begging me for a break, but my back up option is Bree and Richards and that's it....

This. Next summer is going to be a nightmare when all my loan players return to their clubs. Cheers Steve.

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

This. Next summer is going to be a nightmare when all my loan players return to their clubs. Cheers Steve.

Don't know the comprehensive list of decent expiring contract freebies you can pick up come your first January window, but you can easily go into season 2 having sorted out the following positions on fairly cheap wages:

GK - Remiro (Bilbao) and/or Bounou (Girona)

RB - Ikoko (Guingamp)

CB - Ferreira (Braga) and/or Van Beek (Feyenoord)

LB - Lala (Strasbourg) and/or Stafylidis (Augsburg)

RM - Jason (Levante)

CM - Pérez (Pachuca) and/or Walter (Nice)

LM - Jairo (Hamburg) and/or Álvarez (Necaxa)

CAM - Rusnák (Real Salt Lake)

ST - Mora (UNAM) and/or Bouzat (Velez Sarsfield)

There are some absolute worldies you can also get for free but they'll take a huge chunk out of your wages, all of the above are affordable and good enough to be useful both immediately and for a fair few seasons after.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Don't know the comprehensive list of decent expiring contract freebies you can pick up come your first January window, but you can easily go into season 2 having sorted out the following positions on fairly cheap wages:

GK - Remiro (Bilbao) and/or Bounou (Girona)

RB - Ikoko (Guingamp)

CB - Ferreira (Braga) and/or Van Beek (Feyenoord)

LB - Lala (Strasbourg) and/or Stafylidis (Augsburg)

RM - Jason (Levante)

CM - Pérez (Pachuca) and/or Walter (Nice)

LM - Jairo (Hamburg) and/or Álvarez (Necaxa)

CAM - Rusnák (Real Salt Lake)

ST - Mora (UNAM) and/or Bouzat (Velez Sarsfield)

They're some absolute worldies you can also get for free but they'll take huge chunk out of your wages, all of the above are affordable and good enough to be useful both immediately and for a fair few seasons after.

Awesome. Cheers for that mate.

On 01/10/2018 at 12:13, omariqy said:

Pes or FIFA?

it should be PES but konami have killed it knowing that the option file and the community updates mean they can release an unfinished game, i think this year they released it before the transfer window closed, for me its unplayable until about a month after release and only then after you've messed around uploading the file

i've sat out the last 2 years (played demos, FIFA nights and FIFA on EA access) madden and FM for me 

This game is such a mess. The timed finishing is OP as hell for the AI. I concede a couple worldies each match against shit teams. I play defense perfectly, but some cross I clear out of the box gets side foot volleyed top bins a couple times a match. I conceded a headed goal from basically the tip of where the box meets the vertical line. 

Only goals I score are curlers from 30 yards out. Give me a break away, or a shot from less than 10 yards, I'm probably missing the goal, but a shot from 30 out on Grealish's left foot? Nah that is going perfectly top corner. 

Then seeing blackburn ping pong passes through my midfield with such pace and power angers me so much because I try to do a simple 5 yards pass with Mcginn and it goes 2 feet wide of the player I am passing to every time. 

Every game I play I score 2 early goals, only to either tie 3-3 or lose 4-2. The AI goes into overdrive every single game. I am in 20th with Villa in November but I have the most goals scored in the league. 

19 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I try to do a simple 5 yards pass with Mcginn and it goes 2 feet wide of the player I am passing to every time. 

I haven't scrutinised McGinn's passing stats and this may just be my brain toying with me now I've read your experience, but I swear to Zeus he's the absolute worst culprit for misplaced passes for my team as well.

Come to think of it I felt the passing was almost universally pants when I started but it is one of the things that whacking the slider right down for has definitely alleviated.

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I haven't scrutinised McGinn's passing stats and this may just be my brain toying with me now I've read your experience, but I swear to Zeus he's the absolute worst culprit for misplaced passes for my team as well.

Come to think of it I felt the passing was almost universally pants when I started but it is one of the things that whacking the slider right down for has definitely alleviated.

He is by far the most consistent at misplacing passes for me, but for some reason his left footed shots are as good as Roberto Carlos. I've scored a couple ridiculous angled shots with him. Probably the timed finishing that I can't figure out how to do. 

Abraham needs to calm down in terms of growth. It's december and he is also an 80 rated striker. He is going to me a lot to buy. 

Grealish is also so bad. He actually isn't, but he is a 78 CAM for me now, and he doesn't play like one of the best players in my team. Hourihane with his curlers from 30 out is the best thing about my team. 

Also need to get a new keeper asap. Nyland is crap and Moreira makes a mistake per match. 

If you're desperate and have a little bit of cash on hand you can pick up Andre Blake on the cheap as his contract is up in 2019 (of course that means you could get him for free in January but then you're waiting until next season for him to arrive) so clubs will accept offers below the market value.  He'll be good enough to go straight into your line-up and he'll make for a decent enough backup GK after you've picked up someone better.

I had a little play around with FUT today, but only the single player mode.  I was on World Class, which is my default level although I've not played FIFA for 2 years.

Man, it was hard.  Every game was like playing against a Klopp team on steroids.  Crowding me out, intercepting everything, tackle after tackle after tackle.  Meanwhile, I couldn't get near them.  By the time I got to the final third, they'd have 9 players behind the ball.  It was horrible.

Switched it back to Professional level and was able to play some decent football.

Is that standard game mechanics, or did I get crap in the last couple of years?

Personally I think they should make FUT a free to play game and then have a team actually focusing on everything else that surrounds FIFA. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the whole game being neglected whilst FUT gets developed on loads.

I tried to play FUT this year, first 3 games I had was against people with 5 star teams, 100 chemistry and loads of amazing players. I'm playing with bronze/silver players and the occasional gold. I refuse to put money into it, so the whole gamemode for me is shit and I really cba. 

People must spend an actual fortune on it. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â