FIFA 19

Dante_Lockhart

On 21/09/2018 at 19:28, PieFacE said:

Villa should stop complaining about what our players look like on FIFA and start complaining about the fact we're not in the Premier League. :lol:

I’m not sure the social media team have much say ?

Really not sure on the 50/50 challenge thingy they've introduced. Kinda just feels like whichever player has the better stats wins the ball regardless of timing. Quite annoying really as someone who usually plays with a lower stat team.

Gameplay's always a bit pants on release, especially with the sliders set to default.  Had a pop at the demo and felt like I was wading through treacle, but it was the same in 18 until I started messing around with the AI stuff.  You can usually get a much more enjoyable, "arcadey" experience with minor things like whacking the speed up high and turning down the first-touch error but if you really get into it you can sort out most common gameplay gripes (unbeatable keepers, crap shooting, scripting at the end of games and so on).

Spent some time trawling through Career Mode vids and to be fair , although the changes this year are predominantly cosmetic they're actually big ticket things which I always assumed they'd never get round to.  Kit numbers, shoulder badges and captain's armbands now change with promotion/relegation (massively sated the pedant in me that has, I hated taking teams up through the leagues but then still playing with the wrong livery) and also change between the licensed cup competitions. 

Regen/youth player faces have had a massive overhaul and allegedly now actually match the player you get on the pitch with their headshot (would almost always get some Senegalese player trot out onto the field and turn out to be a pasty white ginger lad).  That wasn't the only thing that needed a fix for youth teams, mind, but it's a bloody good, long-overdue start.

Player swap deals are no longer nigh-on impossible, opposing clubs give you more than just one position option for what type of player you can offer them.  Apparently player wage AI has been tweaked so it's also easier to actually sell players now, but just how well that works remains to be seen.

And contrary to me whinging about it a page or so back, they've actually fixed international squad numbers so they can be changed again.

The cynic in me is just hopeful none of this has broken something more fundamental somewhere else.  If the only trade-off for sorting all of the above is having John McGinn look like a builder I'd be unsure about hiring, that's fine with me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

So the switch version is a load of wank....

Hardly a surprise. I thought 18 was very poor compared to the PS4 version. 

Remembered how much I hate scouted in FIFA. I've got no idea who to buy after selling a load of my players >_<

Hutton, Elmo, Jedi, Whelan, Hogan and a lot of the 55-59 rated youngsters gone. Need a LB immediately. Brought in Kristoffer Ajer from Celtic for 4m, so he'll partner Chester. Tuanzebe is classed a RB so he'll stay there with Bree backing him up. Taylor is starting at LB but want to replace him. I've made an offer for FM17 favourite Juan Sanchez Mino. Happy with my attacking options. Tammy, Ghazi, Bolassie, Hourihane, Grealish, McGinn. Koj, Adomah, Lansbury, to rotate in.

Really dislike this game ATM. Feels horrible to play. 

It's really shit that there's not a decent enjoyable football game to play.

This FIFA seems to force "good" players to be reliant on doing shitty skill moves all the time. Urgh. 

For all of your long-term goalkeeper needs, 20 year old Karlo Letica at Club Brugge is 6'7 tall, good enough overall to go straight into the Villa line-up, has 80+ potential and a £5m buyout clause.

Also Cahill, Freuler, Markovic and Ramalho on a free are must pick-ups, especially if you get back to the Prem at the first bite.

• Like 1

I just bought fifa 19 and second game in and I why like wow, what have they done to the keepers, I mean my keeper twice just watched the ball roll on by LMAO, I was like no way that never used to happen. So now the keepers are very real, real as to the point they really do make blunders.

I managed to get me the ultimate bundle with all the packs, got enough to make a alot of national teams which is great.

Only one villa player at the moment though which is Adomah, so alot of work to do on a villa team.

Does anyone know if all the players brought in on loan were added to villa on fifa or do we have to go digging them up?? cheers..

The 'keepers are the biggest problem by a mile thus far,  they are universally terrible.  Any speculative shot on target, regardless of distance/power/GK ability results in a goal far too often.  I started turning the Goalkeeper sliders for both user and AI up by about 5 points per game and it's taken until they were 95+ to have a noticeable impact.  Sorely tempted to crank them right up to 100.

43 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Getting sucked into a player gravity field is the worst. The collision physics to me just seem way off.

Indeed, it's a lot like what I imagine going through 1-on-1 against Neville Southall was like.

• Haha 1

Â