FIFA 19

Dante_Lockhart

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah the gameplay on PES is better. Everything else is an utter shambles though. Even simple things like menu UI design are absolute garbage. 

Stick PES's gameplay in a FIFA game then it will be perfect. 

Anyway, sounds like Fifa19 is a carbon copy of Fifa18. Wasn't really expecting anything else but something a little bit different would be nice. 3v3 Seasons would be cool. 

Shameless money grab, they may as well release one every two years and offer database updates every other year. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Stick PES's gameplay in a FIFA game then it will be perfect

Tbf I tried the PES19 demo and didn't think the gameplay was as good as previous versions. 

Talk of fifa beta 19 players saying it's a bit different this year.

Alot harder to string passes together, defenders I think are stronger now knocking smaller players off the ball, easier to tackle.. 

Il wait for the 19 demo and see what I make of it. I love pes for the gameplay but as mentioned the rest of it is years behind fifa. 

The new battle royal mode in fifa looks great, hope it's in the demo 

On 18/08/2018 at 13:38, dubbs said:

Tbf I tried the PES19 demo and didn't think the gameplay was as good as previous versions. 

I myself have always preferred ProEvo to fifa, love how ProEvo's have come along. Always did hate how fifa snagged all the licences on names and made it awkward on ProEvo , which has changed over the past years and Pro Evo has been getting a fair share. 

22 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I myself have always preferred ProEvo to fifa, love how ProEvo's have come along. Always did hate how fifa snagged all the licences on names and made it awkward on ProEvo , which has changed over the past years and Pro Evo has been getting a fair share. 

Indeed pro evo looks strong this year. If your on ps4 I don't see the issue with licences. A day 1 option file sorts all that 

9 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

Indeed pro evo looks strong this year. If your on ps4 I don't see the issue with licences. A day 1 option file sorts all that 

The issue is there regardless of platform, it's because EA/fifa grabbed up all those player names, club names back on the mega drive. ProEvo could never get a look in and was always considered the inferior football game and EA was always offering more money to clubs and players and it could do that because how many back then would buy fifa over p-evo. 

Konami's rep was never that of what EA's, back when they started to compete for who had the top football game, konami struggled every step of the way to get ProEvo to where it is today and they have finally gotten the recognition Pro evolution soccer has deserved since the early 90's.

As it stands now I think Barcelona, some other teams and Ronaldo and other players now have to be changed in upcoming fifa games because Konami are paying more for them over what EA were. It really is a cut throat business between the two publishers over names and over the decades its been EA winning until  now.

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

The issue is there regardless of platform, it's because EA/fifa grabbed up all those player names, club names back on the mega drive. ProEvo could never get a look in and was always considered the inferior football game and EA was always offering more money to clubs and players and it could do that because how many back then would buy fifa over p-evo. 

Konami's rep was never that of what EA's, back when they started to compete for who had the top football game, konami struggled every step of the way to get ProEvo to where it is today and they have finally gotten the recognition Pro evolution soccer has deserved since the early 90's.

As it stands now I think Barcelona, some other teams and Ronaldo and other players now have to be changed in upcoming fifa games because Konami are paying more for them over what EA were. It really is a cut throat business between the two publishers over names and over the decades its been EA winning until  now.

Dunno about Ronaldo needing to be changed...

Playstation-4-FIFA-19-cover.jpg

22 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Dunno about Ronaldo needing to be changed...

Playstation-4-FIFA-19-cover.jpg

I do know that in 2018 pro evo did lose the official champions league licence, but for 2019 they have gained nine new official licenced leagues..

Doesn't look worth getting and the worst part is for the last couple of years the price doesn't drop much for months. Used to be able to pick these games up for less than £20 after Christmas most years 

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/08/2018 at 00:10, skarroki said:

Doesn't look worth getting and the worst part is for the last couple of years the price doesn't drop much for months. Used to be able to pick these games up for less than £20 after Christmas most years 

Unless I can get it for £15-£20 at some point early next year I won't bother (I'd get it second hand tbh). As a career mode player I'm not paying £50 for a database update and Champions League DLC, there's absolutely nothing new about CM from the looks of things other than some cosmetic changes.

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Unless I can get it for £15-£20 at some point early next year I won't bother (I'd get it second hand tbh). As a career mode player I'm not paying £50 for a database update and Champions League DLC, there's absolutely nothing new about CM from the looks of things other than some cosmetic changes.

New Quidco Customers can get it for £35 through Zavvi apparently...https://www.quidco.com/incentives-fifa-19-zavvi-pre-order/?scb=469ca50d5c6b929564a5fc45a6ecf093#utm_campaign=zavvi_fifa19preorder_junesept18&utm_medium=digitalpartnerships&utm_source=trinityregionals

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Great, so they won't have fixed the national team squad numbering then.

Â