:trollface:

Grealish is playing too high up.

On 30/07/2018 at 14:22, wilko154 said:

Steer

De Laet    Elphick   Chester   Hutton

Bjarnasson

Adomah  Grealish Hourihane Green

Kodjia

Would go with this, but think he will throw either Whelan or Jedinak in ahead of Bjarnasson. I think Bjarnasson needs a run of games in this position to a) make us a more attacking unit and b) get some form in and make the position his own

That's team I would go for. It's not that string at all which is concerning but hopefully by next home game we will have some new faces in.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

He will be here for this one, its the next id fear for!

Hopefully he gets an injury that looks really terrible so nobody will touch him,

but then miraculously 100% recovers the day after the transfer window shuts.

• Haha 1

Hopefully we don't play the 3 at the back formation. It probably won't work out well with our players.

b7a720666292a8c1f639b1523010c639.png

Subs: Davis, Lansbury, Thor, Jedinak, Doyle-Hayes, Hutton, Moreira

Not a bad team, but I expect Hutton will start at left back. Other than that, I think this will be our team. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Hopefully we don't play the 3 at the back formation. It probably won't work out well with our players.

b7a720666292a8c1f639b1523010c639.png

Subs: Davis, Lansbury, Thor, Jedinak, Doyle-Hayes, Hutton, Moreira

Not a bad team, but I expect Hutton will start at left back. Other than that, I think this will be our team. 

Davis for Kodjia. Doyle Hayes for Whelan and Suliman for Elphick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

Davis for Kodjia. Doyle Hayes for Whelan and Suliman for Elphick.

Agree with you on Davis, rather play Thor for Whelan but as its the first game of the season away from home id understand the laters inclusion.

Id play Jedi at the back, he is not a defender but then he offers more.

TBH I sit there looking through my fingers whenever the ball comes near Elphick and my poor heart wont take many games!

9 hours ago, Nigel said:

Id play Jedi at the back, he is not a defender but then he offers more.

I still have nightmares about the first time he played at CB for us at Villa park. At fault for two goals, painfully slow and all over the place positionally. It's too late in his career to move him to CB IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I still have nightmares about the first time he played at CB for us at Villa park. At fault for two goals, painfully slow and all over the place positionally. It's too late in his career to move him to CB IMO.

Yep, he had a bit of a mare that game, but in fairness it was quite new to him.

I think he will make a good centre back when he settles. Has composure, presence and good aerial ability.

Funny enough I bet he would have learnt an awful lot from Terry, who has a similar physical skill set.  He did look a lot better when he was used towards the end of the season.

At the moment Id fancy him more in the centre of a back 3 as he could be too susceptible to pace if isolated in a back 4.

What do people people think about dropping the more defensive style midfielder and putting in Lansbury for a more on the ball approach?

Lansbury doesn't seem too popular but one thing he can do is pass and move well. This would take some weight off Grealish's shoulders in bringing the ball up the pitch and would mean that we can move across the flanks with a little more potency. Just an idea. The way I see it if Bruce employed this sort of system in training, we have the personnel to pull it off against teams like Hull.

RDL CB Chester Hutton

Lansbury Hourihane Grealish

Adomah                                      Green

Kodjia

As for Adomah not having another season in him, I think some might be pleasantly surprised.

Due to the tactics we setup with he often received the ball too deep, having to run a third of the field without much options on offer, and try to create something from individual nous.

A bit more composure and control of the ball from our central midfield and I can see Adomah being played in (mostly by you know who) for a good haul of goals and assists again this season. It's just when he has to do it solo for large parts of the game I think the fatigue sets in for Albert quicker than most of his opponents, now that he's over 30.