Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tomaszk

André Moreira

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Goalkeepers make mistakes. All players make mistakes. The tendency to dwell on them is ridiculous. 

But maybe De Gea really is shit after his clanger at the World Cup. 

Or Lloris in the World Cup final.  The only way we will find out what he's like is after he's played a few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Goalkeepers make mistakes. All players make mistakes. The tendency to dwell on them is ridiculous. 

But maybe De Gea really is shit after his clanger at the World Cup. 

This. Let's right him off before he's even put the shirt on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Goalkeepers make mistakes. All players make mistakes. The tendency to dwell on them is ridiculous. 

But maybe De Gea really is shit after his clanger at the World Cup. 

Or Karius....oh.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Your the one making things up. Bruce has given youngsters opportunities. Green was starting before he was injured for whole season. Davis was used significantly and he kind of went off the boil for a while then grabban came in and scored some vital goals for us. Davis I doubt at this stage would have made as big an impact as grabban.

RHM was injured alot and used towards the end of the season. O hare was given a few cup games as was some of there like Clark. But hey lets ignore the facts.

OK I said that Bruce started Davis only because he himself said he was forced to because of injury.  what was made up about that?  Then I said that when Grealish was hurt Teflon Steve played senior players in that role rather than the kids. So, what was made up about that?  Then I asserted that the seniors did not acquit themselves well in that role, meanwhile the kids were somehow good enough, to be able to win their league.  I was responding to the specific assertions of the previous post and really, just stated some "alternate" facts. If you thought O'Hare and Clark were given a full and fair shot to prove themselves in league matches, fair enough.... but I didn't think so.   One last suggestion, compare our average age on the field last year to the average age of our opposition.  I bet we would have been promoted if that's how league points were assigned.  :) 

Meanwhile, if you want to continue this discussion lets take it to the Bruce thread.  I still think we would be much better served to have a new manager, but I don't really want to ruin my season or anybody else's by arguing over stuff neither of us can change.  It's just hard for me to resist putting forth facts being ignored when someone goes on about how great Teflon Steve has been.  So if pro-Bruce folks don't spout what (admittedly) I consider nonsense, I basically have no intent to comment on him at.

Anyway, I hope this new young keeper does well and our Manager uses him well to either replace or challenge the starter.  He could be a Johnston or a Gollini for all I know.  Here's hoping for the Johnston end of that equation.   UTV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the best to the lad if we sign him.

I just wish that Johnstone did not sign for Baggies so soon, I reckon that with the new financial power behind the steering wheel we could have persuaded him to stay with us. 

I guess he has now ended up in a lesser club at the same level of English football.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won’t take him too long to displace him I would have thought! Although I hope he doesn’t, as that means Steer is doing the business!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

OK I said that Bruce started Davis only because he himself said he was forced to because of injury.  what was made up about that?  Then I said that when Grealish was hurt Teflon Steve played senior players in that role rather than the kids. So, what was made up about that?  Then I asserted that the seniors did not acquit themselves well in that role, meanwhile the kids were somehow good enough, to be able to win their league.  I was responding to the specific assertions of the previous post and really, just stated some "alternate" facts. If you thought O'Hare and Clark were given a full and fair shot to prove themselves in league matches, fair enough.... but I didn't think so.   One last suggestion, compare our average age on the field last year to the average age of our opposition.  I bet we would have been promoted if that's how league points were assigned.  :) 

Meanwhile, if you want to continue this discussion lets take it to the Bruce thread.  I still think we would be much better served to have a new manager, but I don't really want to ruin my season or anybody else's by arguing over stuff neither of us can change.  It's just hard for me to resist putting forth facts being ignored when someone goes on about how great Teflon Steve has been.  So if pro-Bruce folks don't spout what (admittedly) I consider nonsense, I basically have no intent to comment on him at.

Anyway, I hope this new young keeper does well and our Manager uses him well to either replace or challenge the starter.  He could be a Johnston or a Gollini for all I know.  Here's hoping for the Johnston end of that equation.   UTV

You accused a poster of making things up which were not the case. I have provided sufficient evidence to distinguish your original point that Bruce didn’t use kids. There is a big difference of winning a youth league to the championship. I think had we relied on the likes of Davis and o hare as opposed to grabban and the sniper attacking players we wouldn’t have struggled to finished top 6. Grabban made a massive contribution as did hourihane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All i remember goalkeeper is most of them will flop poor goalkeeper after mistake, it is will hard to re-capture this form and mental, who really good goalkeeper is who can recovery mistake and carry on. 

Scott Carson was sad case for goalkeeper

 he was brilliant when he start play for us as loan, and liverpool was want him back to them and play as number 1 so loan rules we can keep him as we were right to buy goalkeeper loan. Sudden out of blue, England come for him to call up... and Croatia was his first cap for England.... history remember him flop at this match and return to villa he don't same before the England Call up, he become crappy goalkeeper for us and but did his job.. and liverpool was change mind don't want him and chunk him sell in silly price as villa was withdraw right to buy as it is not his price suitable.
so Klarus case is WORSE, Liverpool replace him as number 1 and rid him, and not support him to gain mental, encourage him to re-capture and build his confience which liverpool nuke his confience to right of the bottom pit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyway about goalkeeper confience as it is off the topic..

Gollini we should play him as number 1 as 2 years he was quiet good i like him just give him time.. if we give him time as johnstone he will rise to same level as johnstone now might better.. why we have to chase around find goalkeeper ... it is stupid decision by Bruce as i heard 3 versions romour 1) Gollini felt pressure and big change after bruce become manager he push him too hard, remember he is was young... he sent loan with must to buy clause 2) Gollini was homesickness want back home 3) Bruce arrive and force him out as he want Johnstone as Man Utd connection, and Gollini got not choice to left for regular which mistake of him to decision move out.  .

it is was Gollini our last one goalkeeper who on pay roll who same level as johnstone in my option at him even he is mistake and he recovery fast and he pull plenty world class save to win the games yet he does silly mistake and he learn his lesson, rise the challenge that why i can see him become good goalkeeper...sad we rid him.

 before it Brad Guzan do you relieze that 3 years rows we don't have goalkeeper stability number ...  Steers i dont trust him and don't want him play regular as he is not bad goalkeeper yet better that Bunn, as i watch some match him player and he is poor and clumsy, and not confience, and not good command, not fast reaction, and poor kick. 

Gollini, he prefer throw it out to near his team-mate which to keep ball possession.

Would play Moreira if he got Optional to Buy Clause; we play him regular see if he can manage this level and we buy him so he become our first regular, I think he is quick good and on term youtube, he seem more same Gollini style in save..

p.s. we should buy Johnstone last year Winter Transfer to avoid this happen, I guess Xia wait for promote to premiership would got money to buy him.. which it is mistake..never mind move on ... hope this Moreria good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

anyway about goalkeeper confience as it is off the topic..

Gollini we should play him as number 1 as 2 years he was quiet good i like him just give him time.. if we give him time as johnstone he will rise to same level as johnstone now might better.. why we have to chase around find goalkeeper ... it is stupid decision by Bruce as i heard 3 versions romour 1) Gollini felt pressure and big change after bruce become manager he push him too hard, remember he is was young... he sent loan with must to buy clause 2) Gollini was homesickness want back home 3) Bruce arrive and force him out as he want Johnstone as Man Utd connection, and Gollini got not choice to left for regular which mistake of him to decision move out.  .

it is was Gollini our last one goalkeeper who on pay roll who same level as johnstone in my option at him even he is mistake and he recovery fast and he pull plenty world class save to win the games yet he does silly mistake and he learn his lesson, rise the challenge that why i can see him become good goalkeeper...sad we rid him.

 before it Brad Guzan do you relieze that 3 years rows we don't have goalkeeper stability number ...  Steers i dont trust him and don't want him play regular as he is not bad goalkeeper yet better that Bunn, as i watch some match him player and he is poor and clumsy, and not confience, and not good command, not fast reaction, and poor kick. 

Gollini, he prefer throw it out to near his team-mate which to keep ball possession.

Would play Moreira if he got Optional to Buy Clause; we play him regular see if he can manage this level and we buy him so he become our first regular, I think he is quick good and on term youtube, he seem more same Gollini style in save..

p.s. we should buy Johnstone last year Winter Transfer to avoid this happen, I guess Xia wait for promote to premiership would got money to buy him.. which it is mistake..never mind move on ... hope this Moreria good.

I think Gollini went because the goalkeeper coach left with Di Matteo and he wanted to work with an Italian.  Who knows what level he could have got to with us if he'd stayed, but he's not done much since really to suggest we are missing him.  Just another pointless signing from our point of view and the player's.  Hopefully Moreira will be different.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Well that's so annoying he doesn't accept followers any more. I'm sick of all the losers on twitter pretending to be ITK. Put in a good word for me with him won't you?

Does he actually say this GK is signing today?

He says he will be accepting new followers tomorrow from 10 -1030 and has 2000 requests waiting so get in quick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy appears to be a professional sub keeper based on his previous clubs. Will be interesting to see what he can do. As I say, I'd wager that Steer will be more than capable at this level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He speaks English. That's a positive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This guy appears to be a professional sub keeper based on his previous clubs. Will be interesting to see what he can do. As I say, I'd wager that Steer will be more than capable at this level.

He's 22!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's in Germany with the squad. In villa training gear. Avfc official site a bit slow. Maybe Dr Tony had villanho running it and he's been let go..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KSV said:

He's in Germany with the squad. In villa training gear. Avfc official site a bit slow. Maybe Dr Tony had villanho running it and he's been let go..

Spotted!

As a side note - why the hell is Lansbury dressed like he’s about to go for a kickabout and not fly to Germany?! ?

Edited by villan-scott
Lansbury!
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lansbury looks super suspicious of Moreira. Has anyone at this club been told about this new signing? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Lansbury looks super suspicious of Moreira. Has anyone at this club been told about this new signing? 

Bruce doesn't even know who this mysterious foreign chap is. He's waiting for it to be announced like the rest of us. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Spotted!

As a side note - why the hell is Lansbury dressed like he’s about to go for a kickabout and not fly to Germany?! ?

Lansbury looks tiny, is he shorter than Tommy Elphick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â