André Moreira

Tomaszk

I can see this announcement falling into 2 categories. 

A) people who like Love Island thinking it's a "sick"  way to announce it and

Bl people like me who think Love Island is an utter abomination thinking it's just a plain stupid way to announce a player signing. 

Either way welcome Moriera, may you be more of a one for us to love than an abomination. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I feel sorry for Jed Steer, he’s been here a long time, Bruce obviously doesn’t think he’s good enough, look forward to seeing Moreira in the shirt. I’ve got a feeling he’s going to be good but let’s wait and see

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I feel sorry for Jed Steer, he’s been here a long time, Bruce obviously doesn’t think he’s good enough, look forward to seeing Moreira in the shirt. I’ve got a feeling he’s going to be good but let’s wait and see

By all accounts this one wasn’t Bruce’s decision and there’s nothing to suggest that he’s going to walk straight into the starting 11 at all. 

Moreira is very young himself and not particularly experienced.

1 minute ago, Fight Like Lions said:

By all accounts this one wasn’t Bruce’s decision and there’s nothing to suggest that he’s going to walk straight into the starting 11 at all. 

Moreira is very young himself and not particularly experienced.

Whose decision was it then? Why loan him and not play him?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Whose decision was it then? Why loan him and not play him?

The talk when we initially signed him was that this was a signing made by our owners who are working with super agent Jorge Mendes to get players in. 

I personally think he'll be played if he's good enough, but because Bruce didn't make the call there is a segment of the Villa fan base that think Moreira won't get game time because he wasn't hand picked by Bruce. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The announcement is a bit embarrassing to be honest. Exactly the sort of shit I would have expected under Xia and Wyness.

Our social media manager hasn't changed as far as I'm aware so it is the same one that Xia and Wyness hired. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daweii said:

The talk when we initially signed him was that this was a signing made by our owners who are working with super agent Jorge Mendes to get players in. 

I personally think he'll be played if he's good enough, but because Bruce didn't make the call there is a segment of the Villa fan base that think Moreira won't get game time because he wasn't hand picked by Bruce. 

Right, that sounds dodgy to me but I’m no expert

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Everyone moaning about the announcement, at least we're trying to do something a little away from the norm.

Whilst it may not sit well with the 'Gammons' amongst us I'm sure it will resonate more with youngsters.

I agree with you

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Everyone moaning about the announcement, at least we're trying to do something a little away from the norm.

Whilst it may not sit well with the 'Gammons' amongst us I'm sure it will resonate more with youngsters.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â