André Moreira

Tomaszk

Wait, why are some people saying "not a Bruce signing"? We've had an on loan, inexperienced keeper for virtually all of his spell as manager haven't we? Judging from his tenure so far I'd call it a very typical Bruce signing!

Fingers crossed he does well because from watching pre season Steer doesn't look like he'll cut it (although it's hard to judge on only pre season) 

• Like 1

This is left field for Bruce. I wonder how he happened across Moreira?

Mendez smelling money at villa stopped by to flog his wares? Or something to do with the new owners and their contacts? Or good ol’ fashioned YouTube scouting?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

This is left field for Bruce. I wonder how he happened across Moreira?

Mendez smelling money at villa stopped by to flog his wares? Or something to do with the new owners and their contacts? Or good ol’ fashioned YouTube scouting?

I imagine he had nothing to do with happening across him, like most signings these days.

He'll have been recommended by a scout most likely.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Junxs said:

Yes I have, and no he doesn't

Have you watched André Moreira? H'es 22 and has little playing time throughout his short career, can you say with certainty that he is better than Enckleman?

I wouldnt mind if we were getting in an experienced keeper on loan, but I dont see the point of loaning a kid in such an important position. 

People are getting excited because Mendez is his agent, and ignoring that he's never played regularly 

Not sure how you know why “ people are getting excited “ ? Or even if any substantial number even are excited.....and I’m not sure how many know or care who his agent is !

As to your question about watching .....Well, I assume the Manager and/ or relevant other staff HAVE watched Moreira, and have a reasonable knowledge of Steer and Bunn.

And they presumably do see the point.

As such, given the guy is relatively unknown, that’s enough for me.

57 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Hopefully turns out to be a good signing.

Lets be honest, going into the season with Steer (injury prone), Bunn (not a first choice keeper) and Sarkic (not ready for first team football); would have been reckless.

Now we have a goalkeeper with a similar size and stature to Johnstone who can push Steer for the number one slot. I imagine it's costing us very little to have him here, and in comparison to Johnstone we are making a saving on costs.

Would be nice if we put in an option to buy at the end of the season so we aren't in the same situation as Johnstone if he proves himself to be a useful keeper.

Apparently it is a loan to buy.

• Like 2

a few days ago there was every chance that no one was coming in so this is good for a number of reasons! 

seriously cant believe people here aren't happy about this - we potentially have money to bring in more talent ffs

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Skills said:

a few days ago there was every chance that no one was coming in so this is good for a number of reasons! 

seriously cant believe people here aren't happy about this - we potentially have money to bring in more talent ffs

Never remove the god given right of Villa fans to state ludicrous criticism before, during and after a player is employed, or never employed at all - we fans are never ever wrong. ever. Meanwhile, apparently this new keeper is managed by Jorge Mendes. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

He's pulling so many people out of Portugal, he'll probably rock up with Madeline McCann before we know it ffs.

Cue faux outrage. Meanwhile, hahahahaaaaaa. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â