André Moreira

Tomaszk

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is the strangest loan signing since that American lambert bought in on deadline day.

Everyone's got the wrong guy. There was another winger, not Dawkins—I think he was a Jamaican we had on trial from a club in the USA. I can see myself now wasting some time trying to work out who it was.

EDIT: Unless I have the wrong guy.

Are you talking about Omar Cummings? Who we had on trial under Houllier...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9363746.stm

Colorado Rapids striker Omar Cummings impresses Villa

Cummings in MLS action
Cummings played under ex-Liverpool winger John Barnes for Jamaica

Colorado Rapids striker Omar Cummings has impressed on trial at Aston Villa, according to manager Gerard Houllier.

The Villa boss will make a decision "soon" on whether to take the 28-year-old on a short-term loan deal.

Jamaica international Cummings, who was Rapids' leading striker in 2010, could link up with Villa until March when the Major League Soccer season begins.

Houllier stated: "I see Omar getting better with every training session. I will make a decision about him soon."

Cummings has been training with Aston Villa since 31 December and Houllier said that a work permit would be needed were he to be offered a loan deal.

o.gif
606: DEBATE
SoutWestVillain

Should he join Villa, Cummings will be following in the footsteps of Los Angeles Galaxy stars Landon Donovan, who joined Everton on loan last term, and David Beckham, who is currently training with Tottenham Hotspur.

Cummings has played for the Rapids since 2007 and enjoyed a fine season in 2010, scoring 14 goals in 29 games and helping the side lift the MLS Cup.

Capped 13 times for Jamaica, Cummings played under John Barnes during the former Liverpool winger's tenure as manager, and was part of the Reggae Boyz Caribbean Cup title win in December 2010.

Premier League side Villa, who currently sit just above the relegation zone in 17th place, recently added £6m midfielder Jean Makoun to their squad.

Edited by praisedmambo

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

Everyone's got the wrong guy. There was another winger, not Dawkins—I think he was a Jamaican we had on trial from a club in the USA. I can see myself now wasting some time trying to work out who it was.

EDIT: Unless I have the wrong guy.

Are you talking about Omar Cummings? Who we had on trial under Houllier...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9363746.stm

Colorado Rapids striker Omar Cummings impresses Villa

Cummings in MLS action
Cummings played under ex-Liverpool winger John Barnes for Jamaica

Colorado Rapids striker Omar Cummings has impressed on trial at Aston Villa, according to manager Gerard Houllier.

The Villa boss will make a decision "soon" on whether to take the 28-year-old on a short-term loan deal.

Jamaica international Cummings, who was Rapids' leading striker in 2010, could link up with Villa until March when the Major League Soccer season begins.

Houllier stated: "I see Omar getting better with every training session. I will make a decision about him soon."

Cummings has been training with Aston Villa since 31 December and Houllier said that a work permit would be needed were he to be offered a loan deal.

o.gif
606: DEBATE
SoutWestVillain

Should he join Villa, Cummings will be following in the footsteps of Los Angeles Galaxy stars Landon Donovan, who joined Everton on loan last term, and David Beckham, who is currently training with Tottenham Hotspur.

Cummings has played for the Rapids since 2007 and enjoyed a fine season in 2010, scoring 14 goals in 29 games and helping the side lift the MLS Cup.

Capped 13 times for Jamaica, Cummings played under John Barnes during the former Liverpool winger's tenure as manager, and was part of the Reggae Boyz Caribbean Cup title win in December 2010.

Premier League side Villa, who currently sit just above the relegation zone in 17th place, recently added £6m midfielder Jean Makoun to their squad.

I just don’t know anymore ??‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Khizzy said:

Don't think Simon Dawkins is American, as far as I remember he was a Spurs reject. Funnily enough, my mate who is a Spurs fan always talks up their young players / rejects didn't rate him one bit. Says it all really. 

He was about 24 when he came here as well. I think Spurs just forgot he was on the books

Wow this one really is bizarre, I can only imagine its some kind of cover to get some money to Mendes? Does anyone know who Wolves first Mendes signing was? I'm thinking perhaps to use him as an agent you have to open an account by paying him some money which is covered under a disguised movement of a pretend player?  

On 07/10/2018 at 19:47, KHV said:

If he can't get a game ahead of Nyland or Bunn he should probably start looking for a career doing something else?

I may be wrong but this guy was playing in the top division in Portugual last year, finishing about 12th. Nyland was in the second division in Germany, finishing about 12th. He may be worth a shot.

EDIT: I was at Yeovil though and he didn't look particularly convincing.

Edited by praisedmambo

I don't get this loan at all. If it was in order to do Mendes a favour then surely we would have had to agree to play him or something. But just to sign him on loan, no increase in wages, no transfer fee, which I assume limited gain for Mendes. With the limited capacity of my brain I just can't work it out. 

Anyone got an explanation or even better, a completely off the wall unbased theory for why he's here?

12 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

I may be wrong but this guy was playing in the top division in Portugual last year, finishing about 12th. Nyland was in the second division in Germany, finishing about 12th. He may be worth a shot.

EDIT: I was at Yeovil though and he didn't look particularly convincing.

He looked appalling vs Yeovil.

I don't think this guy is the answer.

• Like 2

On 03/10/2018 at 14:23, Zatman said:

He was about 24 when he came here as well. I think Spurs just forgot he was on the books

Dawkins was on loan at a mls club san jose I think before joining us 

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly be willing to give this guy a go again.

He was a bit all over the place against Yeovil but not THAT bad as has been made out.

Clean sheet, saved a penalty and made a few pretty good saves from what I remember.

Almost dropped a clanger but wasn't helped by having a horrible back 4 in front of him.

We need a keeper who is more commanding in the air since Alex and Chester are a bit weak there and Nyland is poor in this area.

He might only be an inch or less taller than Nyland but he looks much bigger and I'd wager he has better reach and more body to throw around in the area.

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If he can't get in ahead of Nyland then he must be diabolical.  

Agreed.

But it's early days under Smith yet.

If the rumors are true that Moreira was a club/Mendes signing and Nyland was a Bruce signing (might not be true) then Bruce would have played "his" guy.

Smith might have not wanted to disrupt things by changing goalie the first thing he did.

Then again it's not at all impossible that Morieria is indeed crap.

Â