André Moreira

Tomaszk

21 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Portuguese people mostly speak really good english. I believe they don't dub their films and TV like the Spanish/French/Italians and have a general idea that they need to have a second language. 

In my experience a LOT of Italians speak English too.

In their words "Nobody else in the world speaks Italian so we have to learn English!"

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

In my experience a LOT of Italians speak English too.

In their words "Nobody else in the world speaks Italian so we have to learn English!"

Yeah to be honest I have no idea about the Italians. I shouldn't have included them. 

11 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

From what i saw last Saturday, he will no doubt be out no 1.

Well you would have seen how Steer made up for that mistake then!

If you just want to look at keepers mistakes then I suggest you watch the clip posted at the start of this thread with a far worse mistake by our new man.

All keepers make mistakes now and again, but the trouble with being the last line of defence is that it tends to lead to a goal. If a striker fluffs a shot then its forgotten about in 2 minutes. 

So wtf is he doing here?

Even if we sell Steer somehow, this still makes no sense. He was loaned to us to be a back up? He could have continued to do that in Spain. 

It seems like Steer will be the #2 with Nyland as the #1. Then we have Bunn and Sarkic as the #3 options. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'll get a go in the cups I think.

Don't know much about Nyland so wouldn't say he's in the undisputable number one like Johnstone was.

Would say Nyland is a No.1. He is in his prime and an international goalkeeper

I wonder if someone decided to get him against the wishes of the manager, who then threw his toys out of the pram after it went through and decided to get someone else instead - hence why we've signed another keeper so soon. It's interesting that Moreira wasn't even on the bench on Monday, although I don't know if lack of international clearance had anything to do with that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khizzy said:

I wonder if someone decided to get him against the wishes of the manager, who then threw his toys out of the pram after it went through and decided to get someone else instead - hence why we've signed another keeper so soon. It's interesting that Moreira wasn't even on the bench on Monday, although I don't know if lack of international clearance had anything to do with that?

i dont understand this theory. Not having a go at you but i have seen it alot on twitter etc. 

Surely if this was the case.. the new owners would just not sanction the new keeper that Bruce brought in. Bruce said Moreira is one for the future in his interview. So i am guessing we have bought with a view to permanent after his loan.. so the money can count next season and not now. Hence the loan. Maybe Bruce thinks he will be a really good keeper but may need a season or two and then he and Nyland will swap. 

Why he wasnt infront of Steer or Bunn... thats my question. International clearance? possibly. Not ready yet? still getting to learn his team mates? who knows. I would have at least had him on the bench. 

Why did we sign him unless we are expecting Bunn or Steer to leave. If Steer is going.. why are we playing him? All interesting questions.. Steer happy to be back up to Nyland or even 3rd choice? I think a loan for Steer and Sarkic will happen in the next few weeks.  

not much confidence in balls being thrown in, cant really judge his shot stopping because he hasnt had much other than a cracking dive for one going 5 yards wide...the 1v1 was just weird, the penalty was shit

johnstone and gollini both had poor starts too, the kid needs a chance, every danger we wont see him for another month

the commentator over in the states said it didn't look like Moreira was Steve Bruce's kind of keeper. If he is not, then what was the point of loaning him? Especially if we were after Nyland the whole time.

Anyways IMO he had an up and down game. seemed to be decent with distribution at first, and also had the PK save. But as i said on the match thread he seems to be more of a risk taker and will come out for long balls, crosses etc. which might get him in trouble. 

• Like 1

Â