André Moreira

Tomaszk

20 minutes ago, Daweii said:

The talk when we initially signed him was that this was a signing made by our owners who are working with super agent Jorge Mendes to get players in. 

I personally think he'll be played if he's good enough, but because Bruce didn't make the call there is a segment of the Villa fan base that think Moreira won't get game time because he wasn't hand picked by Bruce. 

I think it’s nonsense. Bruce was kept on by the new owners after they met, and presumably they agreed a way forward. If Bruce didn’t like it, the door and presumably £2m were right there. But he’s stayed on, and the owners kept him... but if he tries to battle the new owners by not picking players they’ve ok’d but he hasn’t... it’s not a battle he’s going to win is it? They’ll just sack him and get someone else.

Why don’t we wait until he actually does or doesn’t play for us, before we condemn Bruce for something he hasn’t done yet?

(Not directed at you @Daweii I know you’re post was saying if he’s good enough he’ll play).

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Why don’t we wait until he actually does or doesn’t play for us, before we condemn Bruce for something he hasn’t done yet?

I agree with you. I was solely outlining what a segment of the fans seem to believe not what I personally believe. For me? I believe that Bruce was told the plan whatever that was and he okayed it by not quitting.. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Whose decision was it then? Why loan him and not play him?

I just feel as if Bruce will stick with Steer to start with. He’s given him loads of game time in preseason and hasn’t done a huge amount wrong. Ok, his distribution could be better but how is he to improve if he isn’t given a chance?

Of course, there’s an argument for saying that you don’t loan an Athletico Madrid player to warm the bench but I think he will have to earn his place. Whether that’s through impressing at training or Steer not making progress who knows but I don’t think he’s a guaranteed starter just get. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Have people been living under a rock?

These amusing player announcements have been a thing for a while now. And we're actually pretty good at it.

It's just a light hearted way to announce a signing. Regardless of your opinion of Love Island, it's just a bit of fun!

And the Love Island reference actually works really well, as one of the tropes is new people "entering the villa", which works quite well with the name of the club!

Even the #hesakeeper hashtag worked really well.

Bravo I say. Nice to see something a little different. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â