André Moreira

Tomaszk

Convinced he will become 1st choice and will absolutely own his area. Jitters aside, IMO, there's some really good signs there.

More mobile than Nyland based on what I could see.

• Like 2

Just now, Spoony said:

I thought he was good. Just me?

Not just you. I thought he was exciting. Not that you want your keeper to be "exciting" all the time, but you know what i mean. I also liked the fact he was ALWAYS on the look out on how to spring the counter. It may not be for us but I reckon he will be a very good keeper one day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

Nope I thought he was excellent

He made some great saves and saved a penalty on his debut with a make shift nack four. But yeah he "must do better"

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

Bar the iffy chip out and butter fingers where he bounced the ball on the goal line I thought he had a pretty solid first game, having the likes of Elphick in front of him wouldn't instill confidence.

A steady 6/10 from me, not sure if he's one of those flamboyant goalkeepers or just a nutter but I look forward to his next game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Bar the iffy chip out and butter fingers where he bounced the ball on the goal line I thought he had a pretty solid first game, having the likes of Elphick in front of him wouldn't instill confidence.

A steady 6/10 from me, not sure if he's one of those flamboyant goalkeepers or just a nutter but I look forward to his next game. 

He seems quitely confident in himself. I think he has the makings of a top keeper it just could take a while. He’s very raw. Reminds me of De gea when he first game to England. He looked awful for a year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He seems quitely confident in himself. I think he has the makings of a top keeper it just could take a while. He’s very raw. Reminds me of De gea when he first game to England. He looked awful for a year. 

Said exactly that last night after the game over a pint.

Reading some comments here and on social media you'd think he'd let 7 in ffs. A goalkeeper should be judged mainly on clean sheets, he had one, saved a penalty (saying it was an awful penalty is straw clutching to the n'th degree btw) and kept us in the cup, not a bad debut if you ask me. 

• Like 3

It was his debut so can't judge him overall but, for me, he didn't do well last night. Yes he had a clean sheet but he should have conceded as that was a goal, the ref made a huge mistake. Axel bailed the keeper out on the 1v1 and the time he went charging out of his area was just crazy. Some of his kicking was poor too. 

For me, that wasn't a great way to start your career at a new club. However, it could have been first game nerves and he could turn out to be great. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day, he kept a clean sheet on debut in a challenging game.

I thought everything he was doing was the right decision. It was good to see an aggressive keeper, coming out and commanding his box. The problem was you could tell he was nervous and keen to avoid a mistake, resulting in not the cleanest execution.

Give him a few more games to build confidence and a relationship with his defenders, and i think we might have a solid keeper on our hands

I think it was a poor debut, but I hope it was more nerves than ability.  Saving the penalty was vital, and that puts a feather in his cap, but his decision making, coming out when he shouldn't, staying home when he shouldn't.  Letting the one on one through his legs.  I just ... got nervous every time the play required a decision from him.  I'm glad he got that occasion out of the way.  He will do better next time, and now the coaches know what they're working with from a confidence point of view (as training can only tell you so much).  He's definitely not one for the here and now.  It remains to be seen whether he is one for the future.

• Like 3

I thought he was **** awful.

Kudos on the penalty save, but he looked nervous, poor in the air, bad at kicking, hesitant, and lacking courage.

I'm shocked by anyone suggesting he looked "confident" or "commanding". He looked anything but.

Edited by Stevo985

He was awful. But I remember De Gea being god awful when he joined Man Utd. I'm not saying Andre is as good as DDG btw.

He needs time. It's a tough move.

Oh and Bruce was absolutely right to praise his performance. Whilst the player was poor, you don't shit on him in public 

We've a tricky situation at keeper - neither have really grabbed the eye on debut and Nyland will be facing a little pressure if he doesn't look better against Ipswich. If neither keeper looks particularly comfortable, we could be in for a long season (I'm considering Bunn a coach at this point.)

Â