André Moreira

Tomaszk

He is crazy. I like him. Extremely aggressive which almost gave Yeovil an open net, but then again his aggressiveness stopped a breakaway. 

His kicking was good. He had one terrible mis-kick which should have been punished, but other than that, he was hitting it to our attackers often.

Nyland is still the #1 for me, but I think he can push Nyland. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

the commentator over in the states said it didn't look like Moreira was Steve Bruce's kind of keeper. If he is not, then what was the point of loaning him? Especially if we were after Nyland the whole time.

doesn't kick it long enough? not sure what a "steve bruce kind of keeper" is to be honest

the loan to buy suggests he's a cash in option 2/3 years down the line, if he plays cup games and we make a profit on him happy days, if he comes good and breaks through as number 1 even better, modern football transfer

Looks like a keeper acclimatising to his new surroundings. I don't know what fans were expecting, but it took Johnstone nigh on half a season to string together some decent performances and he's used to English football. Don't expect Moreira to come in and be perfect right away. 

• Like 1

Weird performance. At times did things you expect of keepers without confidence losing their head - coming out too much at the wrong times, panicked decisions. Other times looked bizarrely unflustered.

He could be very good once settled and reined in a bit. Or he could be a complete clown.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Looks like a keeper acclimatising to his new surroundings. I don't know what fans were expecting, but it took Johnstone nigh on half a season to string together some decent performances and he's used to English football. Don't expect Moreira to come in and be perfect right away. 

The point is we don’t have the luxury of giving half a season to a goalie to ‘acclimatise’.

if a foreign keeper needs to acclimatise, then don’t get a foreign keeper.

No point in sending the keeper you have out on loan then get two keepers who need to ‘feel their way in’ over half a season.  

Also the errors made were not acclimatising problems.  

1. He was favourite to get to the ball when their striker went through one on one.  He should have easily got there first and smothered it with his body, but he chickened out, and if not for Tuanzebe’s toe poke, it would have been a goal.

2. Again a ball into the area, should have jumped and caught it with his knees riding high so that the striker would be too scared to come in for a challenge.  Instead the keeper looked scared of their striker and made a half arsed punch while looking the other way because he was scared.

3. Simple catch chance at head height, which he parried down to let it bounce before he caught it, again more worried about being smacked into by a striker.

4. Ran out to intercept a long ball which basically bounced over him.  Our defender was on the way to deal with it.  He had no business running for it.

5. Watch the replay of the penalty incident. Comes to punch a ball that he hardly jumped for and got nowhere near.

these are not acclimatisation errors. This is poor decision making and quite frankly being scared.

must do better.

• Like 1

Â