UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

and Maia made the second legit guy in a row look silly for three rounds. Pity Dana is not a fan as he deserves a title shot.

I feel a little sorry for Werdum, he clearly let the occasion get to him chasing a ko like that. I hope that stupid face he was pulling has been fixed by that right hook.

Am I correct in thinking Lawler still doesn't have a fight scheduled? I presume they are holding out for a GSP return (v lawler)??

If so I believe theres a queue of Woodley, Wonderboy Thompson and now Maia. The obvious conclusion is to give the shot to wonderboy and let Woodley and Maia fight it out for the next shot.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Am I correct in thinking Lawler still doesn't have a fight scheduled? I presume they are holding out for a GSP return (v lawler)??

If so I believe theres a queue of Woodley, Wonderboy Thompson and now Maia. The obvious conclusion is to give the shot to wonderboy and let Woodley and Maia fight it out for the next shot.

Wonderboy vs. MacDonald is scheduled for June to headline a "Fightnight". I read that Lawler and Woodley are in discussions for UFC 201

• Like 1

The winner of that should get the title shot for sure then. Poor Maia will have to wait his turn. 

That said if he keeps himself in shape, surely one of Lawler, Woodley, Rory or Wonderboy will probably get injured. 

EDIT: Wonderboy v Rory is going to be immense,

Edited by pas5898

42 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think Maia deserves it over Woodley personally.

Agreed, but Woodley "technically" won a no.1 contenders fight with Hendricks due to Hendricks not making weight / eating too many burgers between camps.

Its hard to deny him his opportunity. That said, undoubtedly Lawler, Maia, Rory and Wonderboy will wipe the floor with him.

Cyborg looks simply mean!  Wouldnt give anybody in her division a chance, except maybe ronda (If she can get it to the floor).

A genuinely exciting fighter!

She'd eat Ronda alive. The first woman Ronda faced with a similar level of strength... kaboom. She's said that she will not drop to 135lb, which is a pity as I don't think the UFC see the depth available at the current time to start a 145 division.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tegis said:

Gator-time then. Other than that, Bisping?

After his last showing its barley passable for a match.  Jacare is the only option, whether he chooses to take it when he is the legit next in line is the issue.

May as well make some money............

• Like 1

Bet Dana is gutted Silva lost to him now!

That would have made an interesting showpeice, if not a good fight.

Edited by Nigel

Â