UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Finally got to see it. How was Fitch not knocked out?? Some chin he has. Still GSP domination and a fight with Penn is on at newyears. Cant wait for that one!

Lesnar is one big ******. :lol: Cancel out the rookie stuff and he'll be a force in the otherwise poor HW.

And my fellow countryman David Bielkheden is on for UFC in Birmingham. Hopefully he'll do better than against Sanches. (Tapout due to strikes)

Fitch certainly can take a hiding, he just doesn't have the finesse of GSP. I like B.J. Penn though and could see Penn beating him again.

I concur that Lesnar is a beast, his arms are huge and he moves very fast! He has the foundations of a future champion.

Rob Emerson did well, kinda like that guy, he seems alright compared to many of the Redneck 'meatheads' in the UFC.

I thought it was a great card...

I didn't think GSP looked all that great to be honest but it just shows the difference between an A level fighter and a top B level fighter... Fitch never looked like winning it.

Brock won't stand a chance when he faces a half decent bjj fighter. He is to reckless in leaving arms and legs in places which can be taken advantage of... if he can work on that he could be scary... the speed he has is almost superhuman for a guy that size.

Funniest moment had to be when Cheick Kongo demanded a title shot :shock:

For me though my favorite fight was the Demian Maia vs Jason Macdonald... Maia looks extremely good to me, i wouldn't be suprised to see him getting a title shot sooner rather than later in a division which lacks any real contenders to the champ.

And my fellow countryman David Bielkheden is on for UFC in Birmingham. Hopefully he'll do better than against Sanches. (Tapout due to strikes)

Quoting myself here but I saw that Per Eklund is fighting as well. WAR Sweden :D

• 4 weeks later...
Is their any skill or craft involved in UFC or is it just really street brawling?

I take it you've never seen an event before?

*Spoilers*

Chuck, Amir....

5zjxbo.gif

That was a dirty ass KO.

No, never watched anything to do with any of them. That's why I was wondering if they had any skills or if it is two big, hard, bastards just attacking each other by any means until someone goes down?

Is their any skill or craft involved in UFC or is it just really street brawling?

I take it you've never seen an event before?

*Spoilers*

Chuck, Amir....

5zjxbo.gif

That was a dirty ass KO.

No, never watched anything to do with any of them. That's why I was wondering if they had any skills or if it is two big, hard, bastards just attacking each other by any means until someone goes down?

There is a hell of a lot of skill involved. Most of the fighters are blackbelts in different disciplines such as Jiu-Jitsu or Muy Thai. There is alot of different styles in MMA aswell. Some are national wrestling champions, former olympians ETC.

Check out Anderson Silva, Georges St Pierre or Brock Lesnar (Former college & NCAA wrestling champ) on Youtube for a mixture of different styles.

Just ordered a GSP Affliction Thermal 8)

Liddel got a taste of his own medicine, an overhand right. Booom! Rashad looking better and better and should be in for a titleshot soon. A bit disappointing event otherwise. Franklin dominating again and Henderson was very smart in his fight, avoiding the ground at all costs.

Thiago Silva has pulled out of UFC89 against Lyoto Machida. Can I be the first to say F**K! I really wanted to see that one.

And finally, Randy is back, Waheey! I hope he beats Lesnar because I want him to fight Fedor Emelianenko. The new deal with the UFC permits it apparently. About time too. Good times ahead!

It was a case of who landed that punch first, Chuck was mm's away from landing that upercut but Rashad was faster as he'd been up to that point.

A good win for him but a really bad loss for Chuck.. he's on the way down.

Not a UFC fan, but apparently one of the competitors, Evan Tanner, is dead.

Unconfirmed circumstances but apparently he was on some sort of hiking trip. Well see.

R.I.P champ!

Regarding Tanners death.

Tanner had recently purchased a dirt bike, and on September 3 he rode into the desert-like region north of Brawley, California to go camping. According to Tanner's manager John Hayner, Tanner called that afternoon to say that his bike had run out of gas, and that he would accordingly walk back to civilization. Temperatures that day reached 114 degrees Fahrenheit, and friends became concerned and reported Tanner missing after he failed to contact them. His body was discovered by a Marine helicopter on September 8, and the Imperial County sheriff's office cited heat exposure as a preliminary cause of death

Such a shame

• 1 month later...

Damn and blast at the canceling of the Machida - Silva fight. I thought that would have been a main event! :evil:

Main card

* Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben

* Light Heavyweight bout: Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera

* Light Heavyweight bout: Sokoudjou vs.l Luis Cane

* Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Paul Kelly

* Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor

Preliminary card

* Heavyweight bout: Shane Carwin vs. Neil Wain

* Welterweight bout: Akihiro Gono vs. Dan Hardy

* Lightweight bout: Jess Liaudin vs. David Bielkheden

* Lightweight bout: Samy Schiavo vs. Per Eklund

* Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Terry Etim