UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Henderson vs Silva should be a great fight next month, my money's on the Spider.

Yeh i want Henderson to win, but i think Silva will prob k/o him

my picks for UFC are Silva, Kongo, Tanner, Fitch and Sanchez to win

can't believe how strong the preliminary fights are with Leben, Koscheck and Arlovski all in untelevised fights, it annoying becuase its so strong and later in the year there will probably be a really weak event which would look much better with a few of those fighters.

I thought the Lesnar fight was abit of a joke

the same referee caught Tibau hitting Griffin on the back of the head earlier in the night, and he shouted 'watch the back of the head' and tapped his head, i thin khe did it twice (not sure though)

in the momentum Lesnar hit Mir in the back of the head as Mir's head was turning, instead of the warning he used earlier in the fight, he stood them up when Lesnar was ina a dominant position and took away a point.

it was pretty screwy, nice finnish by Mir. It made my leg hurt watching it. :lol:

Serra - St.Pierre in 2 months, should be a good fight but St.Pierre will kick some ass.

Has anyone here been to a live event? They're apparently coming over again in the summer and i'd love to get to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got done watching UFC 82 and i'm so happy Anderson won. :D

Now for the really weird part. I had a dream about a month or 2 ago about this fight, both fighters had the same trunks on in the dream as they did in the fight and it finnished in the exact same way - rear naked choke. I went crazy when Silva won and then thought about the dream and it felt really weird.

Kind of pissed of the Lesnar isn't fighting over here, i'm still in two minds over whether or not to go.

• 3 months later...

I decided to have a look at the Ultimate Fighter reality show. Entertaining I thought and *spoiler* below.....

Amir won it, very hard not to like the guy. Top comments from him as well. Had me laughing quite a bit.

Amir won it, very hard not to like the guy. Top comments from him as well. Had me laughing quite a bit.

Yea, I'm glad he won, thoroughly deserved it too! Interesting to note that Amir had no pro-fights either before the the qualifier to actually get in the house.

The UFC will return to England for an Oct. 18 show in Birmingham, England.

UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner confirmed the recently rumored event while appearing on Setanta News Ultimate Talk Show, a weekly UFC news show that airs on the U.K.'s Setanta Television.

The event will be first-ever UFC show ever held in the English city.

No fighters have been confirmed for the event, but British fighter and recent UFC signee Dan Hardy is expected to make his promotional debut. "The Ultimate Fighter 3" winner and Manchester resident Michael Bisping could also be on the card.

UFC 89 will likely take place at the National Exhibition Centre's sporting and concert venue, NEC Arena. The arena can accommodate approximately 12,500 spectators.

Birmingham, which is home to nearly one million residents, is part of West Midlands, the second-largest urban area in England. The city is located in central England and is home to Birmingham International Airport, the sixth largest airport in the country, and is easily accessible from throughout Europe via rail.

UFC 89 will be the sixth UFC event in England and the seventh in the United Kingdom. The UFC opened a U.K. office and launched a U.K. division in 2007.

link

also Bisping said he was hoping to fight on this card as it was rumoured to be in Brum.

hopefully he'll fight Chris Leben this time

i was anticipating a Silva vs Okami and Henderson vs Franklin co main event

but Silvas gone up to LHW now

I ll find out for definite but i reckon local lad Paul Taylor will be on that one too. He won in London the other week on the last UFC and has been in Vegas for a couple of months working on his groundwork. Usually a very exciting fighter..he s won "fight of the night" in two of the last three UFC shows he s been on

In fact hot off the press!! Paul Taylor is fighting but not at Welterweight but lightweight!!Its not been made public yet. Ill try to find out what other fights are being lined up and post them as and when

Been confirmed now - 18th Oct at the NIA. Bisping - Leben only fight announced - think a main event is still to be named. Anyone buy tickets for 85? How much were they?

i went to the las 2 at the o2, tempted by this, but wanna know ticket prices first, TBH i hope bisping isnt headlining, ive seen him fight a fair few times, and leban will be a war, but would rather see hendo-franklin headline, Taylor always brings it, but i can see british fighters on domestic shows, would rather see some slick brazilians or yanks etc... than brawling brits.

Jackson vs Griffin coming up this weekend. Should be a good punch fest. My money is on Jackson but I hope Griffin wins it. He's such a character. Ricardo Almeida is back as well, love his jujitsu.

Jackson for me in this one, although forrest is a very hard fighter to beat, cant see him keeping the tempo as high as he likes it for 5 rounds, jackson in the laters i reckon.

Almedia - Cote isnt it? yeah almedia to win by sub me thinks!

Â