UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to watch the girlfights in Invicta as Fightpass had a free weekend. Well worth it.

3 head-kick KOs

1 body-punch KO

1 choke

1 choke to sleep at the bell, but the refs still gave the "out cold" chick the win on points (If you can't answer the bell you lose, simple) **** idiots!

On 2017-01-13 at 12:40, BOF said:

*wibble*

Rachael Ostovich made weight and fought on the card ilovethis.gif

Spoiler

Rachael-Ostovich_002-Invicta-FC-21.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tegis said:

Reveal hidden contents

I seem to have completely broken my belly stick off. How do I re-attach it before it rots away?

• Like 1

MMA fighter disqualified after refusing to stop beating opponent after ref stoppage

Boo urns, I say.  Boo urns.

No place for this...

An MMA fighter had to be tackled to the ground by the referee after he refused to stop beating his defeated opponent.

The sickening scene occurred in the main event fight between Strahinja Gavrilovic and Jo Vallee at TKO 37 in Montreal.

Gavrilovic and Vallee have been going at each other all week and the pair clearly don't like each other.

Just look at how awkward the weigh in photo was...

Gavrilovic put Vallee down with a right hand in the opening minute of the fight and went onto finish the bout with some ground strikes.

As the referee stepped in to bring a halt to the contest, Gavrilovic continued to rain down blows on his opponent while the ref furiously tried to pull him off.

Gavrilovic was disqualified for his actions with the win being awarded to Vallee.

Ah, Paul 'Semtex' Daley. Named as such because of his explosive punching power. Good nickname. 

Unlike Paul 'Tellys' Kelly, named after a British word for television, because staring at him too long makes you go cross eyed.

I used to enjoy watching both in UFC, and Semtex in other promotions after his little incident. Tellys used his cash earned in the UFC to fund a heroin import business. Truly a bad bad man. 

Edited by hogso

7 hours ago, hogso said:

Ah, Paul 'Semtex' Daley. Named as such because of his explosive punching power. Good nickname. 

Unlike Paul 'Tellys' Kelly, named after a British word for television, because staring at him too long makes you go cross eyed.

I used to enjoy watching both in UFC, and Semtex in other promotions after his little incident. Tellys used his cash earned in the UFC to fund a heroin import business. Truly a bad bad man. 

Ah, good old English MMA fighters... Had it all but then go and bugger it up by committing heinous crimes... Like Lee Murray... Awesome fighter but then got banged up for orchestrating a bank robbery...

Aw Cowboy :( That said, Masvidal has stepped his game up massively as of late.

All finishes on the main card. And a belly-down armbar (at first), very russki.

Ngannou will be a title-challenger very soon

• 2 weeks later...

wish you'd said earlier, just about to watch final round of main event.

I must have been watching a different fight to the judges in the Silva Brunson fight, all I remember Silva doing is stuffing takedowns and his little capoeira stint. Brunson was landing a lot of strikes from the clinch and had control when he did get the takedown.

Thought Holm was robbed, should have been a draw with at least one point docked for the late strikes.

Jacare was impressive, fought like he'd got a taxi waiting.

Edited by V01
Jacare

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Surely SHIRLEY a jack of all trades versus a master of 1 is going to be battered.

He should be. Mayweather isn't in his prime anymore and hasn't fought for 18 months, and his style isn't to completely destroy an opponent, but McGregor shouldn't be winning with anything but a lucky punch. McGregor isn't a great pure boxer in the UFC ranks really, most of his striking success comes from other styles.

As said I'd quite like McGregor to move along so him doing well might turn his head. Him doing well and sticking with UFC will be a nightmare. Getting truly battered might damage his brand enough to cool it down..  I'll take any result that rocks the bandwagon ;)

Â