Jump to content

Wes Edens


NurembergVillan
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

A friendly reminder to appreciate what you have isn't an odd thing to say. 

Getting the sense that a portion of the fan base are starting getting entitled.

The owners is the sole reason we are where we are. If they for whatever reason decided to leave the whole dynamic of the club would change. 

Really hope they stay commited for a long time. 

They've been saying that about abramovich for 18 years now 

Play thing and he'll get bored

Nothing about these 2 says play thing, they're proper investors, the earliest they'll sell us and move on when we reach our peak value, that's a way off yet 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I think Nas and Wes are in it for the long haul. Look at the Bucks. Gone from being worth approx 550mil to 1.58bil. 

You don't sell until you've either become financially stretched, bored or have yet to maximise value. 

Be interesting to know what our value was pre NSWE and the current value? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

that a real name or did you just lean on your keyboard too hard?

 

Oh my friend - this doesn't even register on the scale for weird names in American Sports.

 

Some of my fav from the NFL include:

Captain Munnerlyn, Dick Butkus, Earthwind Moreland, Craphonso Thorpe,  D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Barkevious Mingo, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and good old Happy Feller 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Cannot stress enough how much of big wave the Bucks winning the NBA Finals is. I'm out in BC, Canada but it's all the talk in work. The Raptors recent win with Drake in tow probably had the same level of discussion. BC is not basketball country, not by a long shot, the Grizzlies boosted outta more than a decade ago.

We need to bottle some of this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Cannot stress enough how much of big wave the Bucks winning the NBA Finals is. I'm out in BC, Canada but it's all the talk in work. The Raptors recent win with Drake in tow probably had the same level of discussion. BC is not basketball country, not by a long shot, the Grizzlies boosted outta more than a decade ago.

We need to bottle some of this.

Being a Raptors fan from Toronto, if Villa manage to recreate the euphoria of that title run in my lifetime then I'll die a happy man. I think we're in no better hands than NSWE to make that a reality.

2019 was actually the greatest sports year for me. Villa were also promoted that summer and we had that legendary 10 game winning streak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Cannot stress enough how much of big wave the Bucks winning the NBA Finals is. I'm out in BC, Canada but it's all the talk in work. The Raptors recent win with Drake in tow probably had the same level of discussion. BC is not basketball country, not by a long shot, the Grizzlies boosted outta more than a decade ago.

We need to bottle some of this.

Bottle what? It’s great for Wes and maybe on some level it might boost our own players confidence in the ownership of the club (I doubt it though), but aside from that how does it make any difference? 

For Villa the plan is the plan regardless  and Edens doesn’t seem like the sudden-rush-of-blood-to-the-head type. 

I’ll get excited with new signings for our team, playing a different sport, on another continent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/07/2021 at 17:26, avfc1982am said:

Be interesting to know what our value was pre NSWE and the current value? 

Pre-NSWE either £0 because we were in debt and about to go into administration, or £60m because that’s the price we were bought at.

Now possibly similar to Newcastle - £200-300m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Pre-NSWE either £0 because we were in debt and about to go into administration, or £60m because that’s the price we were bought at.

Now possibly similar to Newcastle - £200-300m.

They only purchased 55% for the initial £60m they spent. How much the other 45% was sold for I'm not sure. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

They only purchased 55% for the initial £60m they spent. How much the other 45% was sold for I'm not sure. 

So roughly £100m for the whole club, plus an extra £20m to Lerner when we got promoted.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Awol said:

Bottle what? It’s great for Wes and maybe on some level it might boost our own players confidence in the ownership of the club (I doubt it though), but aside from that how does it make any difference? 

For Villa the plan is the plan regardless  and Edens doesn’t seem like the sudden-rush-of-blood-to-the-head type. 

I’ll get excited with new signings for our team, playing a different sport, on another continent. 

Professionals work hard to be the best, there is a mindset that separates them from us mere mortals. Pros want to be surrounded by winners.

Having the Bucks or Antetokounmpo paraded or at least hosted at Villa Park would be great cross promotion, assist us in penetrating (!) the North American market and simply makes commercial sense. Oh hey Mr. Grealish, here's what happens when you grind and stick with those who believe in you.

Cream City Villan's post above, suggests to me that this is probably quite likely. Liverpool are proud as punch that yesterday's man LeBron owns 2% of their club. With Major League ownership their commercial revenues rocketed well before winning the CL and PL in recent years. I personally think the idea of a Bucks and Villa integration/cross promotion is as obvious as night following day.
 

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Cream City Villan said:

As VP of Milwaukee’s Villa fan club, I can confirm our Prez was waving a Villa flag at the Bucks’ celebration parade today. Wes and Mallory spotted him and got pretty excited. Represent!

Hubba GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Cream City Villan said:

As VP of Milwaukee’s Villa fan club, I can confirm our Prez was waving a Villa flag at the Bucks’ celebration parade today. Wes and Mallory spotted him and got pretty excited. Represent!

An excited Mallory.  Oh my. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
On 20/07/2018 at 22:57, Cream City Villan said:

Long time lurker and Villa fan for the past 5 years here from Milwaukee (currently live blocks from the new Bucks arena). I’d say the jury’s still out if Wes has been a good owner. Yes, he’s building the new arena, but it’s mostly being financed by the taxpayers after he threatened to move the franchise out of Milwaukee. Everyone understands it’s not easy building a successful small town sports franchise though. Just my two cents. UTV

Has the jury returned it's verdict yet? 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cream City Villan said:

As VP of Milwaukee’s Villa fan club, I can confirm our Prez was waving a Villa flag at the Bucks’ celebration parade today. Wes and Mallory spotted him and got pretty excited. Represent!

I can’t stand Wisconsin but I do like this

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
5 hours ago, Cream City Villan said:

As VP of Milwaukee’s Villa fan club, I can confirm our Prez was waving a Villa flag at the Bucks’ celebration parade today. Wes and Mallory spotted him and got pretty excited. Represent!

I think I'd just die then and there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Being a Raptors fan from Toronto, if Villa manage to recreate the euphoria of that title run in my lifetime then I'll die a happy man. I think we're in no better hands than NSWE to make that a reality.

2019 was actually the greatest sports year for me. Villa were also promoted that summer and we had that legendary 10 game winning streak.

Quick question if you don’t mind, why Villa? It’s always interested me when we get support from afar 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â