Jump to content

Wes Edens


NurembergVillan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, sidcow said:

Hmmmmm.  Wes Edens takes over an unfashionable unfancied basketball team seen as a bit of a backwater outfit. 

Brings them a modecom of success including developing one of their players into the leagues most valuable player who everyone says needs to leave them to make it big.

Wes gives him a massive pay rise, beats off all contenders for his signature then goes on to win the big prize. 

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

By any means necessary. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wes gives him a massive pay rise, beats off all contenders for his signature then goes on to win the big prize. 

 

The big difference is that they could offer the most money by far. Other teams couldn't even come close to the same offer. Still, it's a big positive they've managed to keep Giannis of course. 

It'll be interesting to see if and how much into the luxury tax the Bucks would be prepared to go into for next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Everyone (and rightly so) making the Giannis comparison of developing him, keeping him with big money and building around him. Don't ignore the signing of Jrue Holiday at the start of the season too.

They knew they needed something extra to get them to the finals and they promised Giannis some extra support - so they went out and absolutely got the right guy.

 

Just great team management all-round

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

What an odd thing to say.

A friendly reminder to appreciate what you have isn't an odd thing to say. 

Getting the sense that a portion of the fan base are starting getting entitled.

The owners is the sole reason we are where we are. If they for whatever reason decided to leave the whole dynamic of the club would change. 

Really hope they stay commited for a long time. 

Edited by villalad21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great for the Bucks and Wes but don't think we should be making any comparisons between them and Villa. American sports and the NBA works in such a fundamentally different way than European football does.

For one thing they've built their success around their shiny new stadium and I'm certain that they'd rather do that here as well had there not been such a big nostalgia love for Villa park among the fans. Adding 10k new seats and a bit of throw pillows will never make VP the cash generating machine I think we need if we are to challenge for the title.

Nice that Wes got a taste of winning thou. First the promotion here and then the NBA title.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Everyone (and rightly so) making the Giannis comparison of developing him, keeping him with big money and building around him. Don't ignore the signing of Jrue Holiday at the start of the season too.

They knew they needed something extra to get them to the finals and they promised Giannis some extra support - so they went out and absolutely got the right guy.

 

Just great team management all-round

that a real name or did you just lean on your keyboard too hard?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Enjoy the times whilst we have these owners. 

Things don't last forever 

Everybody's Milkshake is better than yours.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A friendly reminder to appreciate what you have isn't an odd thing to say. 

Getting the sense that a portion of the fan base are starting getting entitled.

The owners is the sole reason we are where we are. If they for whatever reason decided to leave the whole dynamic of the club would change. 

Really hope they stay commited for a long time. 

We are entitled, being a Villa fan has been hard the last 10 years, but guess what, we are still and we ARE entitled to the good times that are coming.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Everyone (and rightly so) making the Giannis comparison of developing him, keeping him with big money and building around him. Don't ignore the signing of Jrue Holiday at the start of the season too.

They knew they needed something extra to get them to the finals and they promised Giannis some extra support - so they went out and absolutely got the right guy.

 

Just great team management all-round

That sounds like Jack and Buendia…

Excited Cat GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Hmmmmm.  Wes Edens takes over an unfashionable unfancied basketball team seen as a bit of a backwater outfit. 

Brings them a modecom of success including developing one of their players into the leagues most valuable player who everyone says needs to leave them to make it big.

Wes gives him a massive pay rise, beats off all contenders for his signature then goes on to win the big prize. 

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Lil wrecklace spelling they're

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

A friendly reminder to appreciate what you have isn't an odd thing to say. 

Getting the sense that a portion of the fan base are starting getting entitled.

The owners is the sole reason we are where we are. If they for whatever reason decided to leave the whole dynamic of the club would change. 

Really hope they stay commited for a long time. 

Totally disagree. We're the first giants of football. We've been dying for the success to come back. I want the League title and the FA Cup by any means necessary. However the owners are going about it the right way.

The season we got relegated we cheered corners like they were goals.

Never again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe while he is high on success from the Bucks win someone from Villa can ask him to cash a few extra checks like Homer and Mr Burns on ether?

Not that he's not already been extremely generous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â