Wes Edens

NurembergVillan

12 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Anyone got a video of the interview? Where they basically said the sky is the limit and we are now a year ahead of schedule?

It was in the celebration at the end of the match when they spoke to the sky pundits..

No videos of the after match celebration yet but it was brilliant especially hearing from them both.

If I find one I'll post it..

Edited by Dave-R

This is what I really like about our current stewardship.  Wes is the man with a proven track record of turning around a sports franchise to being successful.  Sawiris is the man with the serious clout but also is no stranger to the world of sport and then we have Purslow who is the man running it all from day to day who has also proved that we are no longer going to be pushovers in the transfer market and with player wages etc.

Watching the Sky interviews with Wes, Sawiris and Purslow i've never felt more confident that we finally have the right set up and backing to compete at the top level again (not just on the pitch). It seems simple but the last few weeks have shown we actually plan .....plan for opponents, plan for penalties, plan for if we go up and if we don't. The 'one year ahead of schedule' comment from Purslow said everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

You’ll have to use an image hosting website to create and link and post it that way. 

Did you meet Mallory? 

There was a group of 5 or 6 including Wes and Nassaf, she could have been there but I didn't notice to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was he just strolling around outside Wembley or something? 

I would have thought that kind of person would be whisked in and out in a blacked out limo. 

It wouldn't say he was wandering around, more walking purposely but he stopped and took a few pictures with a hand full of villans who happened to be there. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Anyone got a video of the interview? Where they basically said the sky is the limit and we are now a year ahead of schedule?

I have found this video of the Owners just posted a couple of hours ago.

Excellent video with alot of enthusiastic words from our Owners..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

That's awesome mate. Love this. 

Did he say anything?

Cheers pal, nah he didn't say much to be honest. Just thought it was very decent of him to stop and take the time for a few fans. Very pleasant man. 

22 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

She's 23. It's not creepy to find a hot woman attractive. 

Is she attractive? I was in love with her mind 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This led to me just searching for Wes Edens on YouTube and my word it brings up some interesting stuff.

I don’t suppose you could post a link to which video you found most interesting or relevant?

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

In a bored moment when I couldn't find even a 10 minute youtube highlight video of the RB Lepzig game I watched the interview with the owners after the play off final to reflect on their comments then compared to where we are now. 

This led to me just searching for Wes Edens on YouTube and my word it brings up some interesting stuff. 

Bearing in mind our previous recent owners have been Doug Ellis - very entrepreneurial in the 1960's with the package holiday idea but a dinosaur by the end. The idiot child Randy Lerner basically pissing away the money won by his father's brains.   

But most especially the fraud Tony who claimed to be a very smart cookie and multi Billionaire but no one could find anything about his companies or any evidence he actually had any money, this guy is different gravy. 

He has interviews in various countries around the world talking about his business interests and what his investment strategies are.  He's clearly investing huge sums of money in potentially lucrative but risky ventures ($3BN dollars was one figure mentioned for one project mentioned) and going where others fear to tread.  Investing in energy generation in Thirld World countries, building the first new railway lines for over 125 years in America. 

He seems a very very switched on guy and definitely a gold plated pucker business man. 

A fair number of the interviewers asked about his Villa Investment as well. 

It's just nice to think that our owner (and lets face it, he's worth 3 times more than Lerner but is still the poorer one of our owners) is a self made man who serious business media people want to interview and hear views from.  He also is clearly a man to spot an opportunity and make the very best of it. 

Long live the Wes. 

You can tell a lot about a person by the dialogue they have with others in my opinion, there's an energy about the language they choose to use.

I know intuition only gets you so far, but the way Wes Edens comes across is very genuine, sincere and even caring. About his projects, but also about his people.

I'm glad you took the time to look into him, because so many will judge him on the success of the football alone. Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm glad you took the time to look into him, because so many will judge him on the success of the football alone.

A sad but true reflection.  Looking at the investments made on our squad in this window you can't argue about the intention, vision or ambition of our owners. 

The squad needed a massive overhaul and risk comes with that, but the targeted signings,  apparent value for money, and the seemingly positive attitude shown by the players during the friendlies tells me they've gone about it in entirely the right way.

There's only so much the owner(s) can do, but they've absolutely done all they can within the realms of FFP.  Now we want the planning and hard work to pay off at the first attempt, but I really hope the owners aren't targeted if it doesn't; we're very lucky to have the owners we do.

• Like 1

Thank you for reminding us to reflect on Wes’s qualities. I think I found the video you mentioned @sidcow.

Interesting that he talks about the transfer window near the end (starts at 4.40). ‘Famous club...great city...we do have a budget...but it’s a balance, you can’t go replace your team’. Shows that he’s nicely grounded.

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
Added linky
  • Thanks 2

Â