Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

There's an Egyptian guy who posts on another football forum I'm on (not Villa related) so just for different context I asked him for his view on Nas:

" Sawiris family is hated here, especially his brother, Nagiub Sawiris.

But that's not due to hating issues. Egyptian businessmen aren't going to get a club and spend on it for the sake of it like Qatar or UA. These clubs are just another business and source of money for them. I'll be surprised if he ends up actually willing to make the club good enough. "

Also used Al Fayed and that mad owner at Hull as examples.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There's an Egyptian guy who posts on another football forum I'm on (not Villa related) so just for different context I asked him for his view on Nas:

But that's not due to hating issues. Egyptian businessmen aren't going to get a club and spend on it for the sake of it like Qatar or UA. These clubs are just another business and source of money for them. I'll be surprised if he ends up actually willing to make the club good enough. "

Could be right but didn’t Al Fayed pump millions in to Fulham?  They are 2 small club and he turned them in to a Premier league ever present.

Hull’s owners net worth is 250 million. Even then he got Hull in to the top flight twice. 

Also Quatari and UAE owners don’t just spend for the sake of it. They are now bringing in massive revenues at City and PSG and have worldwide status. These clubs are giants in football. 

I somehow fail to see the why the sawaris would want to take over a football club to try and make a few million over a short period of time.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They are probably hated because they are Christians and have a shit load of money. Christians in Egypt only make up about 15% of the population.

• Like 3

The latest figures of what football clubs are 'worth' was something like Man Utd worth £3billion, going down the table to Arsenal, Chelsea, etc worth £1billion each.

My assumption is that Sawiris has seen that top clubs are worth an absolute fortune, and thinks that he could guess us into the level below Arsenal Chelsea etc, which would still be worth massive money compared to the amount he is purchasing for and even if he has to put extra money in.

Basically, we are a juicy prospect for potential growth.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, McParland’s Boots said:

Probably of no real significance but I notice that his younger brother has a 12% stake in Swiss side F.C. Luzern*

*according to Wikipedia

Probably something to do with that swiss village the family bought and turned into a major ski resort 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The latest figures of what football clubs are 'worth' was something like Man Utd worth £3billion, going down the table to Arsenal, Chelsea, etc worth £1billion each.

My assumption is that Sawiris has seen that top clubs are worth an absolute fortune, and thinks that he could guess us into the level below Arsenal Chelsea etc, which would still be worth massive money compared to the amount he is purchasing for and even if he has to put extra money in.

Basically, we are a juicy prospect for potential growth.

Hmmm is that not just what Xia thought. And Lerner. After throwing away so many chances we are playing catch up  from miles behind  with the teams mentioned  after nearly a decade of calamitous mistakes.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I somehow fail to see the why the sawaris would want to take over a football club to try and make a few million over a short period of time.

This all day long. If they don't mean to do something big. Why waste their time? 

• Like 1

I do always think re billionaire football ego who can be the billionaire billy big bollocks:

London - the capital. Taken (Chelsea).

Manchester - de facto home of top class football, disrupted by City. Taken. 

Birmingham - the second city. Anybody???

10 hours ago, Spoony said:

I do always think re billionaire football ego who can be the billionaire billy big bollocks:

London - the capital. Taken (Chelsea).

Manchester - de facto home of top class football, disrupted by City. Taken. 

Birmingham - the second city. Anybody???

Birmingham - Home to the team the future king supports? 

We should take a leaf out of Wolves' book. Kept Lambert to stabilise the group which fair enough if he did, then they **** him off and got Nuno in, which sounded like it was already done and dusted long before it happened. 

Â