Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

On the surface this is great news however I wish Xia was no longer involved. 

He's likely only still here because a full takeover would take many more weeks, perhaps even months and we were days away from likely Administration. Now sure Administration gets these billionaires the club for cheap, but it'd pretty much come with no players.. This is a bandage before the real takeover happens in the next 6-12 months. I doubt Xia will have any say in anything that happens at Villa going forward..

• Like 2

Unbelievable news. Not sure how xia has pulled this off but thank god. I still expect some players to be sold but at least now we don’t need to accept stupid offers like 15m fir grealish from those idiots spurs. Hopefully now it backfires on them and they end up paying more.

first job get terry back please :)

• Like 1

Adidas, the German sports apparel giant ends a very successful year by the news of Nassef Sawiris owning 6% of its shares, which makes him its biggest investor.  

The Egyptian billionaire whose net worth is estimated by $5.1 billion, is also the third-largest shareholder in Swiss cement maker LarfargeHolcim Ltd., as well as the biggest investor in Dutch fertilizer company OCI N.V.

Sawiris apparently made a smart decision with this move. After a rough year in 2014, when Adidas's stock fell by 38% on scrapped financial goals and it suffered market share losses to Nike Inc., the company was able to turn things around this year. Its stocks have witnessed 41% rise and it's now the second-best performing company in Germany’s DAX index.

https://egyptinnovate.com/en/أخبار/nassef-sawiris-becomes-adidass-largest-shareholder

Largest shareholder in Adidas

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I'd love to see his reaction to the problem of a 4 million debt!

Reaches into back pocket, here you are guys, keep the change for your troubles. ?

12 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Gonna make the most out of this brief honeymoon period before 2 seasons from now when we're still stuck in the Championship, these guys lose interest and pull the rug out from under so all the money we spunked on more over-the-hill "marquee" signings with no sell-on value puts the club deeper in debt and whatever tangible assets are left get flogged off to go straight back into the investor's pockets.

WELL, TED,  I'M VERY CYNICAL, AS YOU KNOW.

At least it will be a quality Egyptian rug. ?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Gonna make the most out of this brief honeymoon period before 2 seasons from now when we're still stuck in the Championship, these guys lose interest and pull the rug out from under so all the money we spunked on more over-the-hill "marquee" signings with no sell-on value puts the club deeper in debt and whatever tangible assets are left get flogged off to go straight back into the investor's pockets.

WELL, TED,  I'M VERY CYNICAL, AS YOU KNOW.

you're a bundle of fun

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

He's likely only still here because a full takeover would take many more weeks, perhaps even months and we were days away from likely Administration. Now sure Administration gets these billionaires the club for cheap, but it'd pretty much come with no players.. This is a bandage before the real takeover happens in the next 6-12 months. I doubt Xia will have any say in anything that happens at Villa going forward..

I think he'll do a Lerner and stay far away from VP now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Oh my god I called it in the take over thread! Can I be called #TommoITK? 

Saw that post. Out of curiosity why did you suspect it may be him? Know anything about him or just Google rich Egyptians?

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Which means every time those doughnuts up the road buy a replica shirt, they're putting a few sheckles into our pockets  :crylaugh:

Aye, although I'll wager a fair few Villans use Bet365 and line the pockets of Stoke City too.

Not that that's the same, we're not rivals in the same sense I know.

You see the Adidas connection is interesting as is Egypt. 

Let's say Micah Richards and Fat Ross. 

Does a team based in Egypt (owned by someone close to Sawiris) offer to take them on loan, paying us a loan fee and their full wages. Or if not Egypt a team sponsored by Adidas.  Obviously the money for this is funded via the back door to enable those teams to do this. 

John Terry has a long history with Adidas. How about he comes back for a other year on very modest wages but Adidas offer him a big personal marketing rights deal. 

These kind of guys with this level of money and contacts can move money in all sorts of ways, none of which is directly linked to handing cash to Aston Villa. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Saw that post. Out of curiosity why did you suspect it may be him? Know anything about him or just Google rich Egyptians?

It was more a tongue in cheek post as I did indeed google richest Egyptians, didn’t actually think we’d strike the jackpot tho! 

• Haha 1

Â