Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I always wondered do people this rich have bodyguards at all times? They must do right? 

Did xia have a bodyguard?

Xia couldn't afford a bodyguard ?

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I always wondered do people this rich have bodyguards at all times? They must do right? 

Did xia have a bodyguard?

Xia had whatever Uber driver turned up ? I have no idea about bodyguards, but I'd assume so right. I know Lerner never wanted to be videoed as he was worried about being Kidnapped

18 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

I live in Shropshire and i've never seen him. You're talking nonsense mate ;)

He uses a different Post Office to you.?

Going to run the club day to day according to the mail...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bruce-meeting-aston-villa-owners-14943330

London-based Sawiris - a member of the richest family in Egypt - is expected to take on the day-to-day running of the club and will meet with Bruce this week to discuss a range of topics.

I think this tells us a lot. That Sawiris wanted something to put his time and energy into, and not just money - great to have a hands on owner who lives in the UK. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Going to run the club day to day according to the mail...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bruce-meeting-aston-villa-owners-14943330

London-based Sawiris - a member of the richest family in Egypt - is expected to take on the day-to-day running of the club and will meet with Bruce this week to discuss a range of topics.

I think this tells us a lot. That Sawiris wanted something to put his time and energy into, and not just money - great to have a hands on owner who lives in the UK. 

Hmmmm - a surprise - but does say he is London based - does this mean no CEO then ?

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hmmmm - a surprise - but does say he is London based - does this mean no CEO then ?

You'd think he'd want someone to do the boring CEO stuff, but I do like the idea of a billionaire owner doing negotiations himself. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You'd think he'd want someone to do the boring CEO stuff, but I do like the idea of a billionaire owner doing negotiations himself. 

I’d be very surprised if he did the job long term on a daily basis with all his other commitments  , probably running the ship until he can appoint a decent ceo and  I’d hope it will be a huge improvement on Fox or wyness . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Really - much prefer a dedicated CEO - lets not forget this bloke is worth close on £6bn - he has invested £30m tops in Villa. He won't be putting too many hours into what for him is a small investment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Really - much prefer a dedicated CEO - lets not forget this bloke is worth close on £6bn - he has invested £30m tops in Villa. He won't be putting too many hours into what for him is a small investment.

Be patient. He is most likely sampling the environment, evaluating what kind of CEO the club needs (among other positions). By the 1st September I predict a lot of vacancies will be filled. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He can poach any CEO he wants, this guys a seriously ridiculously wealthy guy. Go get Levy !!!:)

**** Levy! I want Keith Wyn...oh....

• Haha 1

So a London based guy worth almost £7bn - buys non London club. Got to say I am still suspicious that this is the real deal - my fear is they are providing short term finance - so we don't get totally fleeced in the fire sales....hope I m wrong - perhaps I am too scared by the false dawn of Lerner - (I won't say Xia because I was always doubtful of him) 

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

So a London based guy worth almost £7bn - buys non London club. Got to say I am still suspicious that this is the real deal - my fear is they are providing short term finance - so we don't get totally fleeced in the fire sales....hope I m wrong - perhaps I am too scared by the false dawn of Lerner - (I won't say Xia because I was always doubtful of him) 

Think what you like but I don't see how living in London has diddly squat to do with anything 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

You’re right we need an Aston based multibillionaire to be the real deal. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

What is in it for him  to provide short term finance ? I'd doubt investing in any football club is likely to increase the wealth of anyone let alone someone who is already a multi-billionaire 

Your suggesting that they put money in so we could for example sell Jack for 30 mil not 20 and what, they both take a few million out of the extra sale fee...If this was some faceless consortium maybe that could be the case but these 2 guys who are respected figures , are not going to put their names to some kind of get richer investment scheme.

Â