Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

I don't get why buy a football club if you aren't going to turn up and watch them play. Don't get wrong they are still massively in credit for saving us from administration and enabling us to keep our best players - I am still a tad uneasy about absentee owners though

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't get why buy a football club if you aren't going to turn up and watch them play. Don't get wrong they are still massively in credit for saving us from administration and enabling us to keep our best players - I am still a tad uneasy about absentee owners though

How often does Sheikh Mansoor go to city games? 

Edit: The way the club is run is more important than his presence at games. Plus if I was a billionaire I’d probably have better things to do than watch Villa scrape past Wigan. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

How often does Sheik Mansoor go to city games? 

Not sure  (But pretty sure he was at the first game remember the MOTD Footage) - and not sure of the relevance....they have poured billions into man city - and they can't be doubted as owners. 

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not sure  (But pretty sure he was at the first game remember the MOTD Footage) - and not sure of the relevance....they have poured billions into man city - and they can't be doubted as owners. 

He has been to one game. The relevance is that if an owner doesn’t go to games it doesn’t mean there’s cause for concern. 

Tony was paraded around the pitch! 

I would prefer the owner to state his intent behind the scenes. Keeping Grealish said more about our new owner than attending games and posting on Twitter ever could. After Xia who was all about winning us over with shallow publicity, I am all for an owner that runs us well and never shows up. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Please tell me we are not questioning this guy because he may not have been at the Wigan game?

Maybe he was there in disguise in the middle of the Holte gauging the mood of the fans......

Come to think of it I saw someone dressed in this during the highlights that I saw when they showed a shot of the crowd.

Image result for novelty disguise

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Noticed the Egyptian and USA flags above VP yesterday. With the owners talking about our history as a club, couldn’t help reading this article and hoping we’d see more about our heritage

https://birminghamhistoryblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/12/from-pleasure-park-to-villa-park/amp/

I know it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but I love this sort of thing and would love to see the club embrace it. 

The link is not correct in that Villa moved to Villa Park in 1897, not 1887, the year we won the double. And basically its been downhill ever since!

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

I would prefer the owner to state his intent behind the scenes. Keeping Grealish said more about our new owner than attending games and posting on Twitter ever could. After Xia who was all about winning us over with shallow publicity, I am all for an owner that runs us well and never shows up. 

but he can leak that he got a tattoo and it will be ok ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Villan4Life said:

Dale Stephens, Defoe, Miguel and kiyotake been freed from her basement so will also be announced tonight :)

I think Miguel is now in line to be our next manager by this point.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I think Miguel is now in line to be our next manager by this point.

Miguel is now like “mum-rah the ever living” since being locked in Julie’s basement 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â