Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

7 hours ago, hippo said:

a 'carry on for now' for Bruce - and a loan signing of a very inexperienced goalkeeper. Grealish still looks set for spurs imo.

very early days - and at least we arent in administration....but i am not sensing a brave new world here.

Is this all so you can be champion ‘I told you so’ when it inevitably goes tits up? ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Also - the Mendes/agent link - another positive. They’ve seen it work and are adopting something similar for us according to reports. 

Literally 95% of the football clubs in this country have no better idea than 'copy whatever worked for our rivals last season'. It might pay off, but it's hardly blue-sky thinking. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Literally 95% of the football clubs in this country have no better idea than 'copy whatever worked for our rivals last season'. It might pay off, but it's hardly blue-sky thinking. 

Here’s hoping they have a number of irons in the fire and are conceiving (conceived) a sustainable PoA. 

On 28/07/2018 at 07:11, TheEgo said:

A guy called Jonathon Brill, a lady called Erika-Marie Wakid are here with Nassef (no idea of their roles or purpose) and another guy called Jake Suski (a Wes Edens Milwaukee Bucks guy) are names I know of connected to both our new guys and MAY  be working at Villa. There is a suggestion (and this is just a rumour, not anything I've heard directly) that Dein is advising on transfers. I can't imagine for a second they'll leave Bruce alone to do as he pleases. 

Is he any good?

14aav5.jpg

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is it the accounting bit they are all copying though? Or the actual agency and so on. I thought Derby would be all set for a clearout this summer too and they've basically added to their squad instead. Similar noises coming out of VP.

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Is it the accounting bit they are all copying though? Or the actual agency and so on. I thought Derby would be all set for a clearout this summer too and they've basically added to their squad instead. Similar noises coming out of VP.

Touche. 

5 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I think we may have been looking at the wrong aspect of Villa progress.

We've banged our heads against the brick wall of FFP, and come to the conclusion that apart from marginal gains there is not going to be a transfer led revolution.

However, there is a way forward organically and it doesn't breach FFP regulations. It's not sexy but it should be looked at as part of a long term development plan.

Appendix B of FFP states that expenditure on youth development is excluded from the accounts for the purposes of FFP.

At a time when the transfer price of a talented player has become easily the most expensive component of a clubs budget, having a state of the art Academy with the best dedicated youth coaches, and the best youth scouts available, will give us a greater chance of bringing through some future expensive commodities.

Examples: Harry Maguire is valued at £75 million,  Virgil Van Dijk £70 million, Richarlison £40/50 million, Jack Grealish £25/35 million etc. Silly prices but this is the new reality!

Sawiris and Edens bought a controlling share in AVFC for just over 27 million each, which demonstrates that in this crazy football world top players are worth more than a lot of clubs!

If Sawiris and Edens were to put £40 million into a development plan for AVFC Academy it would enable us to attract the best young players from around the world.

Five years from now we could have a great crop of young starlets starting to enrich our first team, and when the day comes that our first crop of Academy raised players attract big bucks in transfer fees, we will finally be free of the strangling FFP effect.

I realise that fans aren't naturally patient by nature, but we've endured nearly a decade of getting things miserably wrong, so perhaps now is the time to do something different.

Our new owners are in a unique position. They can genuinely afford to buy a bunch of talented players, but they're not allowed to because of FFP .... However, they can still use their obvious wealth on a longer term plan that other clubs will find hard to match.

Aston Villa Academy rules!

I think they have already said investing in youth is a big part of their plan. 

7 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I think we may have been looking at the wrong aspect of Villa progress.

We've banged our heads against the brick wall of FFP, and come to the conclusion that apart from marginal gains there is not going to be a transfer led revolution.

However, there is a way forward organically and it doesn't breach FFP regulations. It's not sexy but it should be looked at as part of a long term development plan.

Appendix B of FFP states that expenditure on youth development is excluded from the accounts for the purposes of FFP.

At a time when the transfer price of a talented player has become easily the most expensive component of a clubs budget, having a state of the art Academy with the best dedicated youth coaches, and the best youth scouts available, will give us a greater chance of bringing through some future expensive commodities.

Examples: Harry Maguire is valued at £75 million,  Virgil Van Dijk £70 million, Richarlison £40/50 million, Jack Grealish £25/35 million etc. Silly prices but this is the new reality!

Sawiris and Edens bought a controlling share in AVFC for just over 27 million each, which demonstrates that in this crazy football world top players are worth more than a lot of clubs!

If Sawiris and Edens were to put £40 million into a development plan for AVFC Academy it would enable us to attract the best young players from around the world.

Five years from now we could have a great crop of young starlets starting to enrich our first team, and when the day comes that our first crop of Academy raised players attract big bucks in transfer fees, we will finally be free of the strangling FFP effect.

I realise that fans aren't naturally patient by nature, but we've endured nearly a decade of getting things miserably wrong, so perhaps now is the time to do something different.

Our new owners are in a unique position. They can genuinely afford to buy a bunch of talented players, but they're not allowed to because of FFP .... However, they can still use their obvious wealth on a longer term plan that other clubs will find hard to match.

Aston Villa Academy rules!

I’m all for it but the biggest flaw in this is when the young players move on at a young age - see Dan Crowley. We lose out because we hardly receive any more for it and equally lose a good player. 

On 05/08/2018 at 19:19, dudevillaisnice said:

I’m all for it but the biggest flaw in this is when the young players move on at a young age - see Dan Crowley. We lose out because we hardly receive any more for it and equally lose a good player. 

...and we all saw what happened to his career. i think more and more now we are seeing players who just want to play, whether it is lower down or abroad. The riches are already there, nobody needs to make a fast buck anymore.

Â