Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

They may just not announce any plans at all. 

Which may or may not be a good thing - They might not have a plan, or have a great plan but hope to let results show themselves in their own time.

They got themselves a distressed asset for a knock down price. I suspect they're figuring out how to make some nice returns, and I'd bet all the hard assets (land etc.) in addition to the playing staff are on the table. Yay for financial wizardry!

40 minutes ago, villakram said:

They got themselves a distressed asset for a knock down price. I suspect they're figuring out how to make some nice returns, and I'd bet all the hard assets (land etc.) in addition to the playing staff are on the table. Yay for financial wizardry!

I dunno. The best (only) way to make money from a Championship level club is to turn it into a Premier League club.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

I dunno. The best (only) way to make money from a Championship level club is to turn it into a Premier League club.

I have a feeling it's third time lucky.

Not in terms of Brucie or getting us promotion, but that we may have just found ourselves the right owners to take this club back to the top levels of football at last.

• Like 1

a 'carry on for now' for Bruce - and a loan signing of a very inexperienced goalkeeper. Grealish still looks set for spurs imo.

very early days - and at least we arent in administration....but i am not sensing a brave new world here.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2018 at 21:55, ender4 said:

They may just not announce any plans at all. 

Which may or may not be a good thing - They might not have a plan, or have a great plan but hope to let results show themselves in their own time.

Do we need to know the plan, I have never understood the desire to know the full ins and outs of what we intend to do. Why tell the opposition our great plan? Surely the basic plan is to win as much as possible, you don’t give the people you are up against a heads up on how we intend to do it.

Anyway, I am fed up with hearing these plans of Xia and Lerner before him, they did not come to fruition. Don’t tell me, show me!

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Do we need to know the plan, I have never understood the desire to know the full ins and outs of what we intend to do. Why tell the opposition our great plan? Surely the basic plan is to win as much as possible, you don’t give the people you are up against a heads up on how we intend to do it.

Anyway, I am fed up with hearing these plans of Xia and Lerner before him, they did not come to fruition. Don’t tell me, show me!

Agreed, and Ellis before that.  Depending on what they are planning, this could be the 4th regime wanting to replace the North Stand.

Ellis was the original talker of rubbish (“Villa to be modelled on Real Madrid etc etc”).  Back in the mists of time, Ellis was going to build a hotel in the Trinity/North corner.  9 years after that they opened the Corner Flag (which I notice from aerial photos and google maps barely has a single right angle ?)

Edited by Stephen_Evans

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Agreed, and Ellis before that.  Depending on what they are planning, this could be the 4th regime wanting to replace the North Stand.

Ellis was the original talker of rubbish (“Villa to be modelled on Real Madrid etc etc”).  Back in the mists of time, Ellis was going to build a hotel in the Trinity/North corner.  9 years after that they opened the Corner Flag (which I notice from aerial photos and google maps barely has a single right angle ?)

Oh yeah, I had forgotten all of that talk of the hotel in Doug’s time. Well remembered.

I am hoping these new guys have a bit more substance about them when it comes to carrying out their plans. Just don’t tell me and get my hopes raised! ?

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Pretty annoyed Sawiris and Eden haven't announced plans for a theme park yet... someone sack the board.

might also get that film studio and that purchase of Lyngby

Â