Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

My two cents to me is that he wanted to buy a football club during the World Cup. He has no idea on how to run a sports club so got Wes on board with his knowledge.

Nasseff will be the purse and do more day to day with Wes coming in with knowledge of how to run things. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I can't see Sawiris traipsing into his office at Villa Park on a daily basis to deal with the day to day running of the club.  They will have to have a CEO.

I think his "Exec" Chairman title is just a label to make it clear he is the chairman without belittling Eden's position, and of course Xia is there In name only.

Of course a CEO is possible, I said over the weekend that Sawiris has indicated he will take a very hands on role, so we will have to see what that entails. I would personally like to see a really experienced CEO, poached from another club. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheEgo said:

Don't think we will have a CEO, we have Sawiris as a Exec Chairman. A DOF/Sporting Director on the other hand is essential. This will be an indicator of where we want to go football wise. I find it odd Bruce hasn't spoken about his meeting, you'd think he would be delighted to tell everyone, I think we need to see how the full story plays out with regards to our new owners and what they intend to do. I think their short term decisions won't mirror their mid to long term ones.

Bruce’s silence is odd , I would have thought a rousing we are all in it together going forward interview would of happened by now ??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShaldonAVFC said:

Bruce’s silence is odd , I would have thought a rousing we are all in it together going forward interview would of happened by now ??

I don't think there support is as 'full' as the brief statement said. Rumblings of discontent and some control being appointed elsewhere (ie not Bruce)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheEgo said:

I don't think there support is as 'full' as the brief statement said. Rumblings of discontent and some control being appointed elsewhere (ie not Bruce)

Very interesting. Do you mean in terms of signings and football matters they may have their own man in the background? 

18 hours ago, TheEgo said:

Of course a CEO is possible, I said over the weekend that Sawiris has indicated he will take a very hands on role, so we will have to see what that entails. I would personally like to see a really experienced CEO, poached from another club. 

When you look at his profile, he will be too busy with other things to take on a major role at the club. He will spend time as appropriate at the club for however many days that requires, just as he will with his other interests.

I suspect they will bring in experience at the top to make sure things are running smoothly and efficiently, and Sawiri will be the man on the spot as required.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

When you look at his profile, he will be too busy with other things to take on a major role at the club. He will spend time as appropriate at the club for however many days that requires, just as he will with his other interests.

I suspect they will bring in experience at the top to make sure things are running smoothly and efficiently, and Sawiri will be the man on the spot as required.

Or he has made enough money from his existing business ventures and is happy that his existing management teams there can manage his businesses with minimal intervention from him  whilst he has some "fun" running a type of business that he has always wanted to run / turning around a failing business with a rich history and famous brand and making it successful again.  We just don't know how much time and effort he is willing to put into the club yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allani said:

Or he has made enough money from his existing business ventures and is happy that his existing management teams there can manage his businesses with minimal intervention from him  whilst he has some "fun" running a type of business that he has always wanted to run / turning around a failing business with a rich history and famous brand and making it successful again.  We just don't know how much time and effort he is willing to put into the club yet.

Absolutely correct. It is all guesswork for us at this stage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I agree, hands on can be interpreted many ways, but I'd say you've probably nailed it. I just posted that there are rumblings that a guy called Jake Suski might be deployed by Edens to get involved. 

• Like 3

On 23/07/2018 at 18:56, Eastie said:

I’d be very surprised if he did the job long term on a daily basis with all his other commitments  , probably running the ship until he can appoint a decent ceo and  I’d hope it will be a huge improvement on Fox or wyness . 

I would imagine a guy who has accrued 5.1 Biilion and his family c 36 bill......has a finely tuned empire with all the necessary captains of industry well motivated in plum jobs, running it for him.

It doesn't strike me he is building his empire like some i could mention....It strikes me it is built.

I think he will have time to spend on his new challenge....but the good news for me is ( he will see the white walkers for himself, quoting Game of Thrones) He will see the industries warts 'n All.......so he will act accordingly

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

A guy called Jonathon Brill, a lady called Erika-Marie Wakid are here with Nassef (no idea of their roles or purpose) and another guy called Jake Suski (a Wes Edens Milwaukee Bucks guy) are names I know of connected to both our new guys and MAY  be working at Villa. There is a suggestion (and this is just a rumour, not anything I've heard directly) that Dein is advising on transfers. I can't imagine for a second they'll leave Bruce alone to do as he pleases. 

Dein.....Now that is a name I resonate with serious Nous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

A guy called Jonathon Brill, a lady called Erika-Marie Wakid are here with Nassef (no idea of their roles or purpose) and another guy called Jake Suski (a Wes Edens Milwaukee Bucks guy) are names I know of connected to both our new guys and MAY  be working at Villa. There is a suggestion (and this is just a rumour, not anything I've heard directly) that Dein is advising on transfers. I can't imagine for a second they'll leave Bruce alone to do as he pleases. 

whats Theresa May doing PR?

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Darren, not David, and he completely screwed up Small Heath's transfers last summer. 

This is a huge misconception. They worked with him and yes a lot of the players they signed under Redknapp where his clients, but he can't force players on clubs, the club and Redknapp ultimately decided.

Â