Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

The interview was fine, just a quick intro, and by the sounds of it, told to tell the fans how great and important we are. 

Wes Edens was much more comfortable than Nassef Sawiris, but we knew that anyway. 

Good luck to them both. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hippo said:

They don't seem media friendly - nowt wrong with that. Rumours that nassef wants to be hands on -  does that mean we won't have a CEO ? 

He definitely wants to be hands on, whether that's instead of a CEO remains to be seen. The Executive Chairman title suggests so.

5 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

0_Nassef-Sawiris-appointment.jpg.508be89

I wouldn't worry about it still showing as Recon. It'll be changed when Dr Tony gets the boot, if not sooner. Tony just wanted to put his stamp on it when he took over, because I believe when he bought the club it was owned by Reform Acquisitions, which were Lerner's company? IIRC?

• Like 1

Just now, Rob182 said:

I wouldn't worry about it still showing as Recon. It'll be changed when Dr Tony gets the boot, if not sooner. Tony just wanted to put his stamp on it when he took over, because I believe when he bought the club it was owned by Reform Acquisitions, which were Lerner's company? IIRC?

Correct.

At least Nassef has done a interview from the get go. All we ever got from Randy in 10 years was the General and some long winded psychobabble press releases. I don't want to be nourished by a owner ever again. Or to declare that we are going to be the third biggest side in the word. Just get on with turning this great club around and let actions speak louder than words.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

At least Nassef has done a interview from the get go. All we ever got from Randy in 10 years was the General and some long winded psychobabble press releases. I don't want to be nourished by a owner ever again. Or to declare that we are going to be the third biggest side in the word. Just get on with turning this great club around and let actions speak louder than words.

Amen brother x

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Do we know if Sawiris and Edens are still in town? I hope they are, and are sorting out our affairs, and signing cheques!

I am surprised there has not been an announcement of a new CEO yet and/or a DOF. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I am surprised there has not been an announcement of a new CEO yet and/or a DOF. 

They are likely still trying to untangle the mess that is the post-Xia era Aston Villa. The Times ran an article saying short term cash flow is still an issue thanks to everything Xia did. Aston Villa may be without a CEO/DOF for a while yet while the new owners figure out exactly what the club can and can't afford short term. Yes Nassef can pump in £4 million a month forever, but that's not ideal..

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

They are likely still trying to untangle the mess that is the post-Xia era Aston Villa. The Times ran an article saying short term cash flow is still an issue thanks to everything Xia did. Aston Villa may be without a CEO/DOF for a while yet while the new owners figure out exactly what the club can and can't afford short term. Yes Nassef can pump in £4 million a month forever, but that's not ideal..

Don't think we will have a CEO, we have Sawiris as a Exec Chairman. A DOF/Sporting Director on the other hand is essential. This will be an indicator of where we want to go football wise. I find it odd Bruce hasn't spoken about his meeting, you'd think he would be delighted to tell everyone, I think we need to see how the full story plays out with regards to our new owners and what they intend to do. I think their short term decisions won't mirror their mid to long term ones.

• Like 2

The first thing on the agenda is surely to stabilise and resuscitate the financial side of the business. Once this is done then we can think about growth etc.

They can do this whilst in the somewhat safe knowledge that we won't be relegated with the current playing setup.

Edited by New_Hope
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Don't think we will have a CEO, we have Sawiris as a Exec Chairman. A DOF/Sporting Director on the other hand is essential. This will be an indicator of where we want to go football wise. I find it odd Bruce hasn't spoken about his meeting, you'd think he would be delighted to tell everyone, I think we need to see how the full story plays out with regards to our new owners and what they intend to do. I think their short term decisions won't mirror their mid to long term ones.

I can't see Sawiris traipsing into his office at Villa Park on a daily basis to deal with the day to day running of the club.  They will have to have a CEO.

I think his "Exec" Chairman title is just a label to make it clear he is the chairman without belittling Eden's position, and of course Xia is there In name only.

Â