Draft Fantasy Football 2018/19

tomsky_11

So we've got 5 in so far. Think we probably need about 8-10.  Anyone else in? Involved or interested last time around were: @sexbelowsound , @LancsVillan , @TrentVilla , @Stevo985 , @HanoiVillan , @NurembergVillan , @maqroll , @StefanAVFC , @Rds1983 , @DK82 , @villaluke, @rhyscartwright_avfc, @lp_villa830, @Dick, @omariqy?

For those who are in so far, what's everyone preference on the following:

-  Head-to-Head or Classic league?

-  Trades: I assume in with no restrictions? It is possible to set as admin veto or manager veto (I think if over half of mangers veto). Can't see any reason to include veto.

- Available dates and times for the draft? Most evenings Monday to Thursday are ok for me, will struggle most weekends before the season starts though. (5th and maybe late 4th Aug may be possible)

Lack of trades and to many people involved last year ruined it for me. I was in a league of 8 and that's a very good number. I'd be happy to give it a go but would suggest doing two leagues if we get near the level of interest we had last year.

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Lack of trades and to many people involved last year ruined it for me. I was in a league of 8 and that's a very good number. I'd be happy to give it a go but would suggest doing two leagues if we get near the level of interest we had last year.

Agreed with two leagues. Will wait a bit and see how many we end up with, then split in two if required.

I'd like to join, but can we cap it at ten?

I gave up last season because, having drafted 16th, I didn't have a single reliable point scoring player in my squad. There just aren't 16 great picks in FPL. This is why I liked TOGGA more, because it was possible to get worthwhile players in FPL non-scoring positions, but I know it didn't work very well last time we tried it. 

Anyway, long-winded way of saying I'd like to join if poss. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'd like to join, but can we cap it at ten?

I gave up last season because, having drafted 16th, I didn't have a single reliable point scoring player in my squad. There just aren't 16 great picks in FPL. This is why I liked TOGGA more, because it was possible to get worthwhile players in FPL non-scoring positions, but I know it didn't work very well last time we tried it. 

Anyway, long-winded way of saying I'd like to join if poss. 

Yep, agreed. You're 9.

Just now, Dick said:

If we get 20, we could do 2 leagues of 10, and then do promotion and relegation for next time :) 

Can do. I think there was another site last year where you could set up multiple divisions.

On that note, anyone have any better suggestions for sites to use? I figured now official PL one had trades that it would probably be the best to go with, more familiar, etc.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Yep, agreed. You're 9.

Can do. I think there was another site last year where you could set up multiple divisions.

On that note, anyone have any better suggestions for sites to use? I figured now official PL one had trades that it would probably be the best to go with, more familiar, etc.

I think the PL site is okay and trades will make a big difference. We can always just run two separate leagues with two different chairmen and decide which one is top. Manage promotion/relegation rather than it automatic by the site. 

14 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'll join if there is space.

Yep. That’s 10. Another 6-10 more and we’ll split into two. If not, we’ve a league of 10.

What draft dates/times are good for those in so far?