Dominic Revan

sir_gary_cahill

4 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Hm. Every time I see this fella's name I can't help but be reminded about Knights of the Old Republic.

Same - kind of funny having D. Revan in the team! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, useless said:

Don't know if it's right, but BBC website have had him down as playing in central midfield for their last two games.

played at the back according to the athletic

On 19/01/2021 at 00:15, Pez1974 said:

A load of really sensible and balanced views on here about that team. Reality is that this move gives him the best chance of a career in the game, be it for us or another club. And we owe our academy players that.

I hope they all make it, but deep down I suspect that if 3 of the team that played the other night are playing for the first team in 4 or 5 years - either we've plummeted again, or we have a once in a generation crop of youngsters. The "class of '92" have that almost mystical reputation as it happens so rarely.

Good luck to the lad; go, learn, work hard, and come back better. 

This is such a good post, highly likely not a single player that played against Liverpool will ever play for our first team, academy/U23 football is a bit of a lottery.

I'd hazard a guess only Barry ever see's first team football at Aston Villa. 

CB's have a bit more time on there side so we'll see with Revan but at 20? Should be at a better team than Weymouth if he's going to kick on.

• Thanks 1

Watkins was at Weston SM did not do him any harm.  Going low down will test a players character.  Do they sulk or go for it.  Do they want to stay at that level or work their socks off and listen to everything they are told to get back higher.

• Like 2

https://uptheterras.co.uk/2021/01/30/brian-stock-hails-impact-of-dominic-revan/

Manager seems to like him.

WEYMOUTH boss Brian Stock has hailed the impact of Aston Villa loanee centre-back Dominic Revan.

Revan’s arrival at the Bob Lucas Stadium has largely been regarded as a coup and is a signal of the Terras’ intent to stay in the Vanarama National League.

Since joining the club, the 20-year-old has started three games – keeping a clean sheet in two recent wins over Hartlepool and Aldershot.

Revan, who captained Villa on his senior debut against Liverpool, also made a goalline clearance in the 1-0 FA Trophy defeat to Darlington.

Speaking to The Athletic’s Gregg Evans following the 2-0 win at Aldershot, Stock praised the former track sprinter’s all-round defensive game.

He said: “His reading of the game is excellent. We’ve gone from a team lacking in aerial ability to a team that tries to press further up the pitch.

“If it does go in behind, we’re going to hopefully win that chase.

“Dom is not the tallest defender but what I love about him is he’s an out and out defender and every time it does go in behind he looks favourite to win the ball.

“He covers his other centre-half very well. Although he lacks a little bit aerially, he certainly makes up for that in a lot of other areas.”

Asked if his height – standing at 5ft 11 – would become a problem in his future career, Stock said: “Potentially.

“A lot of clubs don’t like having centre-halves that are not over six foot, or even six-foot three. So, it’ll be a certain team that will want Dom.

“I look past that and look to what he gives us on the ball, what he gives us off the ball – his understanding.

“The biggest thing for me is he’s a fantastic lad and his attitude is brilliant. He goes about his business in the right way. Since day one he’s settled in very well.”

Speaking on the capture of Revan, Stock added: “I was delighted when he chose us. I knew he had interest to go elsewhere.

“That gave me a buzz because it was a player I tried to go for.

“When I speak to the Aston Villa staff and almost sell the club to them in terms of plans, I know our league position might dictate it would be a gamble for him to come.

“The longer picture was definitely what we were trying to sell (to) Aston Villa and to Dominic.”

Another win for him today with Weymouth to help them out of the relegation zone, before he arrived they'd only won two games all season, they've now won five. Only slight problem is that the three teams below them have four, six and three games in hand.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Another win for him today with Weymouth to help them out of the relegation zone, before he arrived they'd only won two games all season, they've now won five. Only slight problem is that the three teams below them have four, six and three games in hand.

Might be a coincidence but it bodes well that he's come into the team (oo err) and their fortunes have improved. 

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see the reviews he's getting, at a side struggling in their league, albeit one that is way down the league structure.

At 20, there's still time on his side. Keep these performances up and there's a loan to a Championship club on the cards next season. Then at 22 he's either ready to be our bench option, or more, or we have a call to make. 

Height might be an issue for him,  but it doesn't have to dictate your level.  Could he play a DM role?

• 2 weeks later...

When Revan joined Weymouth they were five points from safety having played three more games than Kings Lynn. They're now outside of the relegation zone, only on goal difference and Kings Lynn still have two games in hand, but they have to get a result from one of those first and out of the two Weymouth are the team in form, they might actually have a chance of surviving.

Dover at the bottom of the table somehow have ten games in hand, but they'a have to win half of those to climb out of the bottom three, and have only won three of their games that they have managed to play.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another good day for Revan and Weymouth, 4-0 win means they move three points clear of Kings Lynn. Kings Lynn have a game in hand but Weymouth's goal difference is far superior.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is Dom Revan injured as I seem recall he came back from his loan earlier than expected? Not sure what the injury was but thought he looked impressive against Liverpool in the FA Cup last year. 

He’s in his 20s so not sure if he’s part of the squad moving moving. Mungo Bridge is the same age and I seem to recall him signing a new deal recently. 

Any news on DR?

Â