Dominic Revan

sir_gary_cahill

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

You've really got to wonder how he hasn't had a loan somewhere in the football league.

Haven't watched the U23s as much as I used to be he has certainly filled out a bit the last year. Which I think was one of the issues.

It's a weird thing, youth football - you've almost no idea how they'll cope until you throw them in and see if they can. Some of the players yesterday may well have never got a first team debut as a starter or sub otherwise - it was actually a bit of a blessing for us to see what they were made of with zero risk attached. 

I thought he looked good and you have to take into account that Liverpool had the ball for about 85% of the match.

I wouldn’t be rushing to buy a new CB after that performance, perhaps begin integrating him more into the first team squad (once virus free of course) and see how he develops.

• Like 2

Really is a funny game , if you asked me a month ago about our cover at CB I would have been slightly concerned, Engels lacks pace to play in premier League and was very nervous about Kourtney after his cup displays, but Kourtney has really pushed on and may even push Mings for a starting position, then we see Dominic last night and he has everything that is needed for a CB pace, powerful and communication with rest of back 4 was great , love to see him in oppositions box attacking a corner to see how dose , looks a star in the making

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bit disappointed.

Think he is well capable of playing at a much higher level than that

there are 104 teams between us and weymouth. if none of them fancied him, then i guess this is the level he is at

• Like 2

I don't think National League is neccesarily his level, it's just that he hasn't had the chance to prove himself at an higher level yet, it's not as if he's played lots of senior football and then it's been decided that he's only good enough for a team near the bottom of the National League. This is just the beginning for him.

Edited by useless

He needs competitive football and in the position Weymouth are in its going to challenge him and that's what he needs and the sooner the better. From what he showed against Liverpool he has the ability in him he's now got to show it in a team battling for survival with all the pressures that brings. Most important 5 months of his career. 

Â