Fantasy Football 2018/19

andykeenan

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It will. Or it usually does anyway, not sure if some leagues can set it so that it doesn't.

Fantastic. Need every point I can to avoid finishing bottom 

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Fantastic. Need every point I can to avoid finishing bottom 

Yeah in theory, someone could join the league on the final day and win it if they had enough points.

I think for a league like VT where there are so many members and possible entrants, that the admin should not allow further entrants after a certain point. Say week 10 or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Unusual fantasy dilemma.  Need to pick 1 from 3 and have a feeling I'm going to leave points on my bench this week.

Matt Doherty, Wolves defender home to Southampton
Callum Wilson, Bournemouth striker home to Palace
Wilf Zaha, Palace striker away to Bournemouth

Wolves may very well keep a clean sheet home to Southampton, so there's 6 points.  But if they concede I've now wasted a striker opportunity.
Or do I use Wilson who is good at home, but got hockeyed 4-0 at Burnley last week, so has the bubble burst or not.
Or Zaha who is the best of the 3, but he's away, and a bit quiet.

Grrr. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 18/01/2019 at 17:49, Stevo985 said:

I was too of the VT league for a while. Had an average few weeks though so I’ve slipped away

This slump continued horribly for a couple of months. I rallied well in the end and finished 7th in the VT league which is the highest I've ever managed.

Also managed my highest points tally and position ever so pretty pleased. Considering how well I was doing ta one point though it's soured it a bit.

Lost out in my friends league by 6 points though and my work league by 10 points which is annoying!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Was top 10 000 thru most of the season. Really lost out the last month and plummeted down to 50 000 something. 

Finished near the top in the VT league and won my friend league by 1 point. 

Quite content with that. 

Need to plan better for dead game weeks and double game weeks next season though. 

Edited by Skruff