World Cup : Semi Finals & Final

BOF

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Aren't you Welsh Villamarv?

Only in an adopted sense and that I've probably now lived here in various places more than I've lived in England in various places. Moved about a lot over the years. But Om a yam yam reeallyy. :thumb: From Walsall ay I.

On that note though it's always amused me down the years how the most fervent of Welsh rugby lads come 6 nations time are the same ones cheering on Beckham, Rooney and Owen at the World Cup. :D

e49f84313f50bf5541da19ec16077d07.jpg

Croatia just aren't impressive, poor at the back with only one good defender (their right back) and no real quality up front. If England win the midfield battle they will win the match, continually press Modric and Rakatic on the ball and Croatia will not build as many attacks. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Croatia just aren't impressive, poor at the back with only one good defender (their right back) and no real quality up front. If England win the midfield battle they will win the match, continually press Modric and Rakatic on the ball and Croatia will not build as many attacks. 

Croatia's are about 3 players away from having one of the best 11s in the tournament.  Problem is Vida is awful, Strinic is average on a good day and Mandzukic doesn't score enough. His lack of goals would be fine if the rest of the team chipped in with more but it doesn't happen.

Their midfield 3 and wingers are vastly superior to what England have an offer, and if they can play like they did against Argentina there could be problems.

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Croatia's are about 3 players away from having one of the best 11s in the tournament.  Problem is Vida is awful, Strinic is average on a good day and Mandzukic doesn't score enough. His lack of goals would be fine if the rest of the team chipped in with more but it doesn't happen.

Their midfield 3 and wingers are vastly superior to what England have an offer, and if they can play like they did against Argentina there could be problems.

Argentina were a total basket case though, no where near enough organisation as a unit, England are a much better side than Argentina at this point in time, Lovren is also not very good at all. I see what you mean about the midfield but it wasn't exactly amazing in the Denmark game, as good as their midfield is I think if England can apply enough pressure on Modric and Rakatic then they will struggle. 

RB (i take it you mean him from atletico who's name i cant spell?) is likely to be injured

i think there is an obvious issue with quality in the midfield but there is also an issue with work rate, not just rakitic and modric its brozovic too, all 3 put monstrous shifts in that we will do really well to match

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Vida while not awful is an uglier James Collins. Good in the air and brave but a bit clueless position wise and prone ti stupid errors

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

RB (i take it you mean him from atletico who's name i cant spell?) is likely to be injured

i think there is an obvious issue with quality in the midfield but there is also an issue with work rate, not just rakitic and modric its brozovic too, all 3 put monstrous shifts in that we will do really well to match

Was one of games the pundits said they change the press every few minutes to give people a break. Modric will do  for about 10 mins then sit back for Rakitic to do

• Like 1

Judging by the amount of people in here compared to On Topic I can only assume it's more fun ranting about how crap everything is at B6 than celebrating/enjoying the fact that win/lose or draw on Wednesday we made our first semi-final in 28 years :D

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Judging by the amount of people in here compared to On Topic I can only assume it's more fun ranting about how crap everything is at B6 than celebrating/enjoying the fact that win/lose or draw on Wednesday we made our first semi-final in 28 years :D

Yeah, England are in the semifinal and this thread is only 2 pages ?

• Like 1

On 25/06/2018 at 16:49, BOF said:

Semi finals

#61 10/07 19:00 C1 fra.png France v Belgium bel.png G1
#62 11/07 19:00 G2 eng.png England v Russia / Croatia   QF4

Mind you, probably hanging on to find out who we get :thumb: (I really hope it's Russia!)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I’m much, much, much more bothered about Villa than anything England do.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I’m much, much, much more bothered about Villa than anything England do.

Good for you matey. Me too. :thumb:

But then that wasn't my point. It doesn't surprise me that people care more for one thing over the other. Just commenting on the idea that people generally like a good moan.

And that this thread is like a ghost town, when we may never get this far again in my lifetime!

And for the record, 'people' can do as they choose - I couldn't care less. As long as my right to find that of interest and comment on it is included in all that. Happy days.

• Like 1

Â