World Cup : Semi Finals & Final

BOF

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually looking forward to the nations league thing now which is not a opinion I had three months ago!

England are in with Spain and Croatia so two good teams to try to continue the momentum against. Will be four interesting games.

2 teams probably in transition. Spain will have a host of retirements Iniesta, Silva, Pique maybe Busquets and Ramos and apparently Modric and Rakitic thinking to quit Croatia

i think its really interesting for england, southgate must know he needs to introduce more passing and a better midfield and we have 2 teams that arent going to let us do that, does he stick or twist? keep the same, play the same, add in ox, lallana, maddison or jack, beat croatia and dream of what could have been....

Most of those are number 10s really, England needs a player who can sit infront of back 4 and dictate play. Henderson tries but obviously he's very limited against better teams. Pirlo, Xavi, Modric etc.

Mad to think Scholes was that sort and didn't even play CM for England! Carrick also similar and hardly got any caps. Barry did alright in that position but level below world class.

I think from looking at present options only one with possibly that skillset is Lallana and even then I'm not convinced.

54 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Most of those are number 10s really, England needs a player who can sit infront of back 4 and dictate play. Henderson tries but obviously he's very limited against better teams. Pirlo, Xavi, Modric etc.

Mad to think Scholes was that sort and didn't even play CM for England! Carrick also similar and hardly got any caps. Barry did alright in that position but level below world class.

I think from looking at present options only one with possibly that skillset is Lallana and even then I'm not convinced.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOmurtLdXNolT_77SU6io

Â