World Cup : Quarter Finals

BOF

34 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I so want an England v Russia semi-final just for the lols

Boris Johnson will demand England dont play. In end be just a punch up between him and Putin

Jordan Pickford has a thick **** accent. Is that considered like a typical working class Geordie accent? Big performance from him.. There are some really humble likeable players on this England team, personified by Pickford and Dier as well. Very pleased for him.

Edited by maqroll

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Jordan Pickford has a thick **** accent. Is that considered like a typical working class Geordie accent? Big performance from him.. There are some really humble likeable players on this England team, personified by Pickford and Dier as well. Very pleased for him.

He's from Sunderland rather than Newcastle which basically the same thing but they'll tell you they're completely different accents.  It doesn't sound as bad as some folk from round there.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

You're not wrong. I said to the missus (who thinks all footballers are neanderthals, anyway) that Dier came across OK, but Pickford (first time I've heard him speak) is clearly thick as pigshit. It's not just the accent, he's totally inarticulate. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Are there any intelligent English footballers? They are few and far between. Lampard is the only one that springs to mind. 

Southgate

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You're not wrong. I said to the missus (who thinks all footballers are neanderthals, anyway) that Dier came across OK, but Pickford (first time I've heard him speak) is clearly thick as pigshit. It's not just the accent, he's totally inarticulate. 

I thought Dier had the weirder accent.  It may just be the way he talks or having grown up in Portugal he has a slight difference to his accent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

England win in an scrappy, ugly match.

I can’t decide if you predicting a win means we’ll actually lose, or if we’ll win 6-0 ;) 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I can’t decide if you predicting a win means we’ll actually lose, or if we’ll win 6-0 ;) 

In fairness I was pretty close yesterday and James not being fit made a big impact. Sweden are very solid at the back and England are struggling to make chances in open play since the level of opposition has improve. Sweden will be very hard to break down but I think England will nick one and that will be enough.

• Like 1

Â