Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, dubbs said:

It'll get patched out I'm sure. 

Oh definitely. With all the negative press going around CDPR atm it will for sure.

Turns out apparently the XSX has a 'Performance' mode that runs at 60FPS at launch. Not sure about PS5 but hope it does too. Would certainly make the game more enjoyable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Oh definitely. With all the negative press going around CDPR atm it will for sure.

Turns out apparently the XSX has a 'Performance' mode that runs at 60FPS at launch. Not sure about PS5 but hope it does too. Would certainly make the game more enjoyable. 

I don't think I'll be finding out until the ps5 version is released.  There sounds like lots of bugs need patching out (not unlike many other AAA titles).

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been interesting to see reviews and opinions come in.  It seems pretty clear to me that whatever marketing spend they'd committed to has seen the game come out in a less than ideal state, hey, at least it's out before Xmas.  I'm still interested, but it's gone from waiting for a time when I can just walk into a shop and buy it with a next gen console to maybe waiting for some of the DLC too.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It's been interesting to see reviews and opinions come in.  It seems pretty clear to me that whatever marketing spend they'd committed to has seen the game come out in a less than ideal state, hey, at least it's out before Xmas.  I'm still interested, but it's gone from waiting for a time when I can just walk into a shop and buy it with a next gen console to maybe waiting for some of the DLC too.  

Yeah, it actually suits med perfectly. I'm upgrading PSU and GPU after Christmas if cards are available, so I can wait. From the sounds of it, it's really good, but buggy as hell, so hopefully some of that will be fixed over the coming months. Really no rush to pre-order or get it day one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

GiantBomb haven't been massively enthused in their coverage of this but wow is looks surprisingly rough here. The frame rate is bad, theres a bizarre filter on the image that looks weird (if not just outright bad, belying the quality of the graphics in reality) and there's a lot of minor bugs. It feels like this has been kicked out the door the moment it was reliably playable - which would make sense given it had multiple last minute delays.

This is absolutely one to sit on for a while I think. With the bugs ironed out and some performance tweaks it could be spectacular.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played about 7 hours at this point and I'm enjoying it.

I haven't played enough to form a proper opinion on it, but it's fun. I can't speak for those that are playing it on console as I see it's a bit of a mess there, but on PC it's good fun.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Mine is nearly installed.  Only taken 3 hours 🙄

I had to press the Stadia button on my controller. Nearly 0.1 seconds.

But I'm off to a restaurant so it'll have to wait for the weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daweii said:

I have played about 7 hours at this point and I'm enjoying it.

I haven't played enough to form a proper opinion on it, but it's fun. I can't speak for those that are playing it on console as I see it's a bit of a mess there, but on PC it's good fun.

That's fairly good news! Just as soon as I can get my hands on a 3070...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugs aside, this game is incredibly disappointing. The open world serves no purpose other than driving from mission to mission. There's nothing to do and no way to interact with it. Simply doesn't compare with games like Spider-man, Fallout and even Ubisoft games, never mind Rockstar games. It also doesn't feel or play like an RPG either, more like an action adventure game with a skill tree.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing on an original PS4 (It's still going, God bless it).

It feels like when you're playing a game on a PC just not powerful enough to handle it. 1.04 doesn't help much.

It's poor when it's been released as a game capable of being played on a PS4. The free upgrade to a PS5 version makes it slightly more palatable...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen enough of the bugs and piss poor AI to give this a miss, I'm glad I didn't fall for the hype. Might pick it up in a year or two when it hits a tenner on Steam. CDPR have burned some serious goodwill with this launch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've seen enough of the bugs and piss poor AI to give this a miss, I'm glad I didn't fall for the hype. Might pick it up in a year or two when it hits a tenner on Steam. CDPR have burned some serious goodwill with this launch.

Agreed.  Commercial pressures can be the only reason this has been released in this state.  Might be good on a decent PC, but I've got a PS5 so I'll wait and see what that version looks like rather than playing it via PS4 backwards compatibility. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

I am a massive fan of Witcher 3, and was hoping for a similar quality game. It is still early days for me in this game literally just been to Ripperdoc for the fist time and starting the first proper mission with Dex, but I am not feeling it at the moment. The controls aren't great, it feels very complicated gameplay compared to Witcher 3 plus I am finding it is hard to navigate my way around the city map. I am hoping it gets better as I get used to the game and the controls.

With regards the bug and play issues, I feel a bit let down at the moment if I am honest. The news that more patches are coming in January and February is not good, that is quite a wait to fix the bugs and most will have completed or ditched the game by then. I kind of wish I had waited until next year and bought it with a PS5, and I am considering returning the game for a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty clear it shouldn't have been released yet. It's essentially early access, but they didn't want to miss the Christmas sales.

It's bad enough on PC, I'm astonished they've been allowed to send this PoS out on the base PS4/XBONE

They've announced they've already fully recouped the development costs too. We're not talking about a plucky little indie studio doing the best they can here, they've sold millions of copies of this thing and will be making an absolute fortune, but they got greedy and couldn't wait for it to actually be ready.

Edited by Davkaus
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â